Voir tous les résultats
Senior Process Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Manager of Process and Analytical Department in the contract manufacturing sector. The Senior Process Scientist will be responsible for technology transfer and/or development and implementation of robust and cost-effective custom process chemistry into GMP manufacturing.
- Work independently as an individual contributor with minimal supervision
- Perform standard organic chemistry manipulations at bench scale and effectively use analytical data to guide process chemistry optimization
- Evaluate process chemistry parameters including consistency, scalability, yield and alignment with target product quality attributes
- Effective technology transfer chemical unit operations to GMP Manufacturing with emphasis on critical process parameters and safety
- Demonstrate attention to detail in planning, execution and documentation of experimental work
- Deliver timely and comprehensive written (laboratory notebook, operating procedures and reports) and oral communications to both internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to departmental and cross-functional process improvement initiatives
- Lift, push, and or pull up to 50lbs
- Wear PPE as needed such as a respirator, Tyvek suit, and gloves
- Utilize all quantities and classes of chemicals
- Work in a dry room environment
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Chemistry or another Life Science field and 5+ years lab experience in research and development in industry or academia
- Master’s Degree in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Chemistry or another Life Science field and 3+ years lab experience in research and development in industry or academia
- PhD Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Chemistry or another Life Science field and 1+ years lab experience in research and development in industry or academia
- Demonstrated skills in synthetic organic chemistry techniques (theory and practice) with a focus on process chemistry development, implementation and problem-solving
- Experience related to the synthesis and characterization of bio-organic molecules including conjugates thereof (polyaminoacids, polynucleotides, polysaccharides and/or lipids)
- Experience in organic synthesis methods and routine characterization of reaction intermediates and products
- Excellent time management and verbal/written communication skills. Customer facing experience highly desirable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as applicable data analysis software
- Excel in a team environment through concise and transparent communication and effective cooperation
- Attention to detail in documentation practices
- Understanding of cGMP guidelines and practices desired
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.