Voir tous les résultats
Associate Quality Control Chemist, Senior (Laboratory)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As an Associate Quality Control Chemist, Senior (Laboratory) at MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI your role would include the following:
Typically performs routine assignments using existing procedures or even works autonomously within
established procedures and practices that require knowledge of concepts and procedures within a job discipline or specialized technical expertise within an analytical/scientific method or operational process.
Conduct chemical suitability tests in accordance with guidelines of the quality management system
- Perform routine analytical tests and primary review in compliance with standardized methodology
- Operate analytical equipment and software such as titration(s), spectroscopy, chromatography, and more
- Document and process analytical data
- Perform standard stoichiometry and unit conversions
- Compare analytical data against established library(s) and product specification(s)
- Accurately, input analytical data into process management software (ERP software)
- Maintain complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines
- Safely handle, process, route, and request stock suitability samples
- Train new hires on relevant SOPs and operations in assigned work area(s), as defined
- Perform intermediate analytical problem solving
- Support general laboratory functions and routine maintenances
- Perform equipment maintenance, restock laboratory supplies, and practice proper waste disposal in accordance to existing guidelines
- Run performance verifications and calibrations in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Assist with reagent and chemical management in the laboratory
- Maintain a clean organized work environment
- Train and collaborate cross functionally with other team members, equivalent to level of expertise
- Apply intermediate skills in analytical/product development, validation(s), and maintenance
- Identify opportunities for quality improvement in compliance with Quality Management System
- Write and submit quality deviation record(s) for management review
- Contribute to the document management program: Create and update department SOPs, equivalent to level of expertise
- Participate in quality-related discussions during team meetings, equivalent to level of expertise
- Participate in safety trainings
- Coordinate intermediate level process, quality, and safety improvement project(s) with management support, capable of implementation at the department level
- Communicate with relevant management and departments to ensure customer focused excellence
- Provide status updates on operations and bring any deviations to the attention of your supervisor
- Work with and support internal department teams
- Supply information to customers and site visitors based on training, experience, and knowledge
- Respond promptly to work emails or other departmental communication
- Support quality and customer audits, equivalent to level of expertise
- Assist as a technical and operations contact both internally and externally
- Prioritize responsibilities in alignment with established department goals
- Complete routine procedure and policy trainings through a Learning Management System
- Process and route analytical data through a sample tracking system
- Conduct job functions in a safe and timely manner
- Assist team members with overflow work
- Use metric tracking system
- Participate in department meetings
- Act in the best interest of MilliporeSigma core values and Code of Conduct
- Execute job responsibilities to management expectation, aligning to individual, department, and site
Scope of People Responsibility:
Accountable for the quality of own work. Receives clear instruction, guidance, and direction from more
senior level roles or even solves problems of low complexity independently by identifying and selecting
solutions and by analyzing factual information.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or other Life/Physical Science OR in lieu of education requirement, an equivalent combination of education and experience is accepted. The equivalent definition is 1 year of experience for each full year of education.
- 3+ years laboratory or quality review experience
- Knowledge in chemistry, math, and general science
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Good customer service and communications skills, oral and written
- Basic understanding analytical tools and equipment
- Safe chemical handling practice
- Compute chemical calculations and conversions
- Ability to adapt, self-motivate, and critically think
- Organization and time management skills
- Database software management skills
- Skilled in making decisions and attention to detail
- Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, Word etc.
- Basic understanding of Data Integrity
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.