Voir tous les résultats
Molecular Biology Associate Scientist
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who we are:
Our company is a leading science and technology company. Its life science business offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The post holder will perform a wide variety of routine/custom tasks to support GMP operations. Responsibilities include performing assays required to characterize product, laboratory housekeeping, preparation of reagents, stock control and general equipment maintenance. The Associate Scientist is also responsible for training and mentoring junior members of staff. The ability to maintain effective working relationships with support services, scientists and laboratory personnel will be critical for success in the role.
Brief role description:
- Works within the laboratory following Standard Operating Procedures and relevant compliance regulations to ensure routine and custom studies are completed on time and accurately recorded to meet appropriate scientific and GMP regulatory standards
- Trains and mentors newer members of staff
- Performs assay validations according to the relevant protocols
- Maintains Laboratory SOP books ensuring removal of superseded versions (where appropriate)
- Performs peer review of raw data records as required.
- Maintains stock control in the laboratory and order consumables and reagents through procurement
- Informs relevant personnel immediately when any deviation has occurred during routine testing and acts according to instruction to raise a deviation
- Carries out housekeeping and equipment checks as appropriate to ensure that laboratory compliance is maintained at all times.
- Performs environmental and personnel monitoring activities, updating electronic records both promptly and accurately
- Proactively implements improvements to laboratory processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Actively reviews and improves working documents (Protocols, Technical Specifications, SOP’s, batch records and workbooks) via document control
- Always ensures a safe and healthy work environment by not only complying with but actively embracing health and safety policies and procedures, ensuring the safety of yourself and others within the workplace
- Actively maintains a clean, tidy and safe work environment
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post. Job descriptions will be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post
Who you are:
- Master’s degree in Molecular Biology, Biological Sciences or relevant scientific subject is preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a scientific laboratory role, ideally within a GLP / GMP contract testing laboratory environment
- Scientific expertise in molecular biology related works is preferred
- Experience of working in Biosafety Level 2 laboratory
- Computer literacy and entry of data into databases
- Ability to complete documentation (both handwritten and electronic) neatly and accurately
- Train the trainer qualification
Functional Area: Research & Development
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html