Voir tous les résultats
Senior Associate Production Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma is looking for a Senior Associate Production Scientist – GMP Oligonucleotide Production to help develop and implement processes for oligonucleotide manufacturing in a cGMP environment. These custom products will be manufactured to support our customers in the diagnostic and preclinical markets.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manufacture products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Organize, set up and execute production operations ensuring quality and quantity of product throughout the production process.
- Communicate and document status of processes, products, and equipment.
- Provide complete and accurate batch records at the conclusion of production operations consistent with quality guidelines including any deviations.
- Write and modify production procedures consistent with quality guidelines.
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
- Perform necessary analytical tests and evaluate results during the process and at the completion of the run.
- Ensure purity of starting material, intermediates and final products are consistent with history and product specifications.
- Perform daily operations in a safe and orderly manner by following production procedures and safety policies at all time.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain good housekeeping in laboratory and working areas.
- Independently conduct investigations and implement ideas for process improvements using existing technology and/or novel approaches.
- Be a technical resource to others by training co-workers.
- Support new product development and the transfer of new processes and products into operations.
- Evaluate, justify, and implement new instrumentation providing accurate and concise documentation to facilitate the use of the new equipment by other personnel.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or other life science discipline
- 3+ years in a laboratory/production environment
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or other life science discipline
- Oligonucleotide manufacturing experience
- Understanding of safe chemical handling methods
- Knowledge of working in a cGMP production environment
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment
- Experience with mass spectrometry
- Experience with preparative and/or analytical HPLC
- Understanding of molecular biology techniques: PCR, qPCR and NGS
- Familiarity with LIMS, SAP, Trackwise and Mango systems
- Knowledge of ISO quality standards
- Troubleshooting capabilities
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.