Voir tous les résultats
Planning & Scheduling, Specialist II
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma has an opening for a Planning & Scheduling Specialist II at our St. Louis location! This position is a mid- level planning position within the Production Planning organization of Supply Chain. In this role you will review demand plans at a global and local level, including adjusting forecast and safety stock parameters. Works with the sales group to incorporate customer demands into the planning systems. Develops operational schedules to meet customer service objectives and support sales growth plans at the lowest overall inventory costs. A P&S Specialist II is responsible for between $5M and $50M in total inventory. This position does not include direct reports and will be a hybrid position.
- Develop, test and complete models for scheduling operations
- Lead and/or assist process improvement initiatives.
- Review long term plans to ensure capacity requirements are understood and met
- Compile reports and metrics to ensure business has proper feedback loops on performance to objectives
- Create operational schedules based on throughput, customer service, and all other company and/or departmental goals
- Use APO or other scheduling software techniques to optimize production schedules
- Analyzes planned orders, requirements, and system designs with a view to global Sigma-Aldrich supply chain impact. Converts planned orders to purchase requisitions or process orders as necessary
- Identify scheduling constraints and test various methods and strategies in order to reduce or eliminate those constraints (i.e. bulk size, availability, fill time, warehouse space)
- Develop SAP generated reports various performance measures to identify opportunities for refinement of strategies, process improvement, and testing.
- Ensure a balanced load of work for packaging while allowing for flexibility with Bulk/Spec orders and minimizing WIP to ensure low cycle times
- Manage SAP exception messages and act on recommended plan changes. Including expediting or rescheduling purchase orders
- Schedule and maintain records on top 100 products
- Work closely with purchasing and production to ensure bulk availability and packaging requirements including supplies
- Work with global planning teams as needed to ensure planning designs and requirements are coordinated across the entire supply chain
- Analyze inventory and forecast status in order to provide superior customer service
- Analyze reports and participates in projects to eliminate backorders, optimize inventory and increase customer service.
- Evaluate, test, recommend and/or implement changes that could improve service, cycle time, throughput efficiency, inventory levels, etc.
- Enforce inventory approval policies
- Manual Data Entry of forecast and demand information to GRASP and Access Databases
- Communication with multiple levels of management and with SAFC Sales and Marketing Departments
- Frequently explain SAP Planning policies and functions including how and why requirements are generated to personnel not necessarily familiar with that part of business
- Maintain and audit key SAP planning master data. Including, lot size, lead time, MRP controllers, special procurement keys, schedule margin key and purchasing type
- Support business unit objectives
- Develop excellent understanding of sophisticated processes from beginning to end and all steps in detail in order to perform trouble shooting and process improvement effectively
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Supply Chain Management or other Business fields
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain, forecasting or planning/scheduling
- 2-4 years of experience in moving material through the product delivery cycle, proficient with a PC, and data analysis
- Certification from APICs or IBF
- Strong computer skills (SAP, Excel, Access, SQL, etc.)
- ISO standards (in relation to preparing documents)
- Basic scheduling techniques and material requirements planning knowledge
- Mathematical, organizational, spreadsheet, word processing, database management, problem solving, communication, attention to detail, teamwork, training, and leadership
- Ability to work independently and adhere to cut off times
- Ability to communicate at different levels of the business
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Good judgment and analytical skills are imperative
- Proficient in spreadsheets and databases
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.