Voir tous les résultats
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Design Engineer develops advanced containers and delivery systems to be used in the technologically advanced semiconductor industry (SEMI). In this role you will utilize hands on technical skills in addition to theoretical knowledge. You will be part of a team of engineers and technicians working to develop new products that will package ultra-high purity chemicals meeting rigorous quality and performance requirements. While the broader company is strongly focused on chemistry, this role is focused on the relevant mechanical aspects.
- Design and procure Ultra-High Purity (UHP) containers
- Size components, select proper hardware, seals, valves, and other components for applications
- Create 3D CAD models and generate 2D fabrication and assembly drawings
- Understand how mechanical design can impact the fundamental principles of fluid mechanics, heat, and mass transfer
- Manage projects involving coordination with other departments and outside contractors
- Assist technicians with fabricating/assembling systems and containers
- Design and execute experiments to collect data to provide feedback for designs
- Analyze and interpret data to improve designs and processes
- Work with other departments such as operations, marketing, and quality to understand the challenges they face and develop solutions
- Work effectively in a virtual environment to collaborate with a geographically diverse team working in different locations
- Follow safety protocols
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a technical field
- Mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD
- Excellent communication skills, organization, and ability to thoroughly document work
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project
- Motivated independent learner
- Familiarity with computational fluid mechanics (CFD)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut, Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.