Voir tous les résultats
Process & Product Development Engineer
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
As a Process and Product Development Engineer, you will work closely with the laboratory, engineering, operations, quality and commercial groups. You will perform all duties consistent with process development activities that drive process development and improvement. You will serve as the technical lead for Process Development group processes. To succeed in this role, you must have a strong commitment to safety, health and environmental leadership and sustainability. Project management including project proposals with detailed scope description, PFD, P&IDs, a cost estimate and a timeline or schedule for a project. You will also work closely with vendors and contractors on design and fabrication during project execution. Routinely documenting results and giving oral presentations on process/project status is required. Detailed tracking of project spending and identifying continuous improvement opportunities is necessary.
- Propel new products from scale-up/development to commercialization. Manage change.
- Willingness to engage in plant activities to support optimization activities and assist in the detailed execution of projects
- Process design & project management
- Technical support of existing systems (sustaining)
- Supervision of junior engineers, process technicians and maintenance workers
- Lead OPHRs and ensure consistent processes and safety standards apply across all locations
- Review and update all process and operation documentations with particular focus on MOC
- Lead continuous improvement programs/projects
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or science
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Familiarity with the design & building of plants and analytical instruments (FTIR, GC, ICPMS, Raman, etc.)
- Experience with laboratory/pilot plant operations
- Experience with handling hazardous chemicals (toxic, reactive, pyrophoric, corrosive, oxidizer)
- Masters/PhD in Chemical Engineering, chemistry or science
- Familiarity with packaging and handling moisture and air-sensitive solids, liquids and gases.
- Enthusiastic, innovative, skillful self-starter
- Results-oriented individual with strong influencing, problem solving
- Exceptional attention to detail with relentless pursuit of excellence
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning and execution
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional environment.
- Solid planning, organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and assimilate new information quickly
- Lean 6 Sigma experience
- Trouble-shoot and resolve production problems
- In-depth understanding of process controls
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.