Voir tous les résultats
Head of Product Compliance US
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Head of Product Compliance US is accountable for product compliance for US and Canada and collaborate with other regions. In terms of Dangerous Goods (DG) Management and Customer Stewardship, the role operates globally.
- Establish and improve compliance process for US EPA TSCA program elements (sections) and maintain capacity and flexibility to accommodate other required initiatives, such as, regulations that may become applicable based on product development (e.g. HFC's, biocides, etc.) and projects
- Maintain DG community of practice together with experts and associated processes to ensure compliance with all elements of DG compliance (classifications, packaging, modes, training, licenses/permits, ...)
- Mentor and develop the TEAM to ensure appropriate Hazard Evaluation (public research, testing, read across, QSARs), SDS authoring and labeling
- Act as an advisory expert on Product Compliance topics and make informed decision as a manager
- Participate in business meetings (e.g., new product introduction, investment projects, etc.), ensuring product and project meet safety and regulatory obligations
- Lead customer regulatory questions and surveys together with experts
- Collaborating with international TEAM so that products can meet regulatory requirements in regions
- Represent in trade associations, e.g., CGA, SIA, ACC, including committee representation on relevant topics/proposed legislation
- Decision making and solving an issue together with experts and stakeholders to ensure compliance with US TSCA, US DOT, IATA, IMDG, ADR, US OSHA, etc.
- Partnering with EHS professionals and supply chain to ensure proper handling and regulatory compliance
- Actively engaged in Management of Change, ensuring regulatory/hazard updates are effectively communicated to business and supply chain
- Act as a member of Product Stewardship Management and attend important decision making, such as design appropriate global SAP EHS environment, establishment of core process, etc.
- Lead US Product Compliance TEAM, including budget responsibility and direct management of ten individuals to complete the required tasks
- Enable effective 3rd party partnering opportunities - engage and use subject matter experts and associated resources on an as needed basis
Who You Are:
- BS degree in Biology, Chemistry or equivalent Scientific discipline
- 15+ years of Product Compliance Experience, pertaining to OSHA, TSCA, DOT regulations, hazard communication, etc. and understanding of comparable regional regulation
- Prior experience to manage or supervise a team of experienced professionals and represent company to the relevant competent authorities and Industrial Associations
- US and international travel required up to 15%
- Strong knowledge of SAP EHS (including DG management)
- Excellent communication skills
- Being able to develop enabling service and work processes based on the understanding of business needs
- Strong ability to understand regulation and technical research
- Work with agility: quickly reacting to & adapting to changes/ the situation, accepting different ways of working & doing things differently if required by the situation
- Coaching skill: giving valued feedback to TEAM and support the development of professional expertise
- Self-management: deals effectively with major demands within an environment that causes challenges, time management
- This is an onsite position in Allentown, PA
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.