Voir tous les résultats
Principal Mechanical Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Principal Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for leading and managing assigned Capital project to full cycle accomplishment from initiation to closure. You will have the responsibility for managing design, engineering, regulatory permitting, management of change inputs, risk management, developing schedules and tracking, creating request for proposal, associated documentation, creating purchase orders, tracking actual spent versus budget and committed spend, safe execution, construction management, communicating with the stakeholders and end users, and managing and external firms and contractors, suppliers.
- Manage and coordinate Capital projects of various sizes and budgets of up to $100MM from initiation up to closure, with complexities and different geographies.
- Manage design firms on projects up to $10MM in fees.
- Manage and safely execute projects involving multiple contractors and upto 100 tradesmen.
- Support corporate capital expenditure budgets of greater than $300MM annually
- Manage and complete an average of 1 – 10 capital projects annually.
- Train, coach, develop and mentor junior engineers and support staff
- Plan, schedule timelines, monitor and followup on Capital projects ensuring safely and timely completion and within total documentary compliance.
- Secure required resources, and uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes
- Manages projects to ensure on-time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs
- May also consult different parties within the organization on a broad range of business topics
- Solve complex or novel problems by analyzing research results
- Gives full transparency on status of projects with respect to budget, schedule, scope and risks. Maintain project files on shared resources such as network drives and SharePoint realtime.
- Coordinate with vendors and contractors for timely start-up and commissioning aligning with production and maintenance teams.
- Engage proactively with the team to establish concepts of lean and value added overall project management process.
Who you are:
- BS degree in Engineering required.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in chemical, food or pharmaceutical industry in Capital projects management with responsibilities in projects design, engineering, equipment, execution, budgetary, contractor management and documentation.
- Working experience with HVAC systems.
- MS degree in Engineering desirable.
- Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical degree preferred.
- Rotating equipment selection experience (pumps, compressors, piping systems) preferred.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMI PMP) or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut, Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.