Voir tous les résultats
Data Scientist, Applications Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma has an exciting opportunity to join our Applications team in BioProcessing’s Single-Use & Integrated Systems R&D organization! Our team drives successful industry innovation and product development through focused customer interactions, hands on lab experimentation, and curating thought leadership in our field. We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team of bioprocessing scientists and engineers to help advance our process modeling and analytics capabilities through direct data assessment activities.
In this role, you will work on cross functional teams to support data collection, interpretation, and modeling within the bioprocess. A primary activity will be to support the data pre-processing and subsequent modeling for Raman Spectroscopy implementation using multivariate mathematic and statistic (chemometric) techniques.
This position will be based at our Bedford, MA campus, though will maintain close collaboration with colleagues in our Meylan, France site. International travel (1-3 trips per year) may be expected.
- Liaise with a global team of data scientists supporting innovative activities in the digital solutions space, including delivery of Raman Spectroscopy chemometrics for bioprocessing applications
- Work closely with the bioprocessing scientist and engineers in the lab setting to plan, execute, and draw meaning from experimental studies in the process development and data analytics space
- Generate data that helps answer key questions, drives design decisions, and establishes best practices by exploring various pre-processing and modeling techniques within bulk data sets
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Applied Data Science, Statistics, or other data science field
- Good knowledge of chemometrics
- Good knowledge of pre-processing and modeling techniques (PCA, PLS, mechanistic, hybrid)
- Ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Self-motivated and excellent critical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders of diverse levels
- Industrial experience with spectroscopy and chemometrics
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.