Voir tous les résultats
Sr Project Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Develop and implement engineering solutions to internal customer problems and opportunities. Provide project management and engineering on small to medium capital projects (up to $500,000) from initiation through start-up and closure documentation. Also provide engineering support on larger projects.
This position manages and coordinates small to medium site and facility construction projects, develops capital project costs and schedule for projects up to $500,000, provides support on larger capital projects, assists operations during startup and commissioning of capital projects, manage and complete an average of 10 – 20 capital projects annually. Specific job duties entail:
- Evaluate problems and opportunities and develop solutions
- Develop project requirements and approximate costs
- Manage small to medium capital project scope, budget, and schedule through project life cycle
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Procure necessary contractors, materials, and equipment to support projects
- Manage assigned portions of projects under the direction of a senior project engineer or engineering director
- Manage and coordinate project design and development of construction documents
- Manage and coordinate construction phase of project
- Manage and coordinate startup, commissioning, validation, and closeout of the project
- Manage quality control objectives through all phases of the project
- Attend seminars, conferences, and training to maintain and expand technical expertise
- Support departmental process improvement efforts based on annual objectives
- Support Quality related investigations and corrections
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or other Engineering discipline
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Experience in a chemical production environment
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and team building skills
- Technical engineering skills
- Effective customer service skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective project scope conceptualization skills
- Effective, disciplined, and demonstrated documentation skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Proficient in the use of standard office software
- Understanding of the Project Management Models
- Experience with AutoCAD
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.