Voir tous les résultats
Supplier Quality Manager
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
Supplier Quality Managers are accountable for leading the quality management of critical materials and suppliers to the Semiconductor Materials business. This position interfaces closely with the Supplier Quality Business Field Leads, Quality Assurance/Control, Manufacturing, Product/Market Management, Engineering, Sourcing, and Supply Chain to manage supplier risk and monitor, correct, and prevent supplier performance issues.
The Supplier Quality Manager will be responsible for the management of a subset of suppliers that support the Thin Films manufacturing plants and their suppliers globally. You will be a key part of the larger Semiconductor Materials Global Supplier Quality Team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing day to day Supplier Quality support for a fast-paced manufacturing operation. This includes the evaluation of deviations / out of specification conditions, data trending, and leading quality investigations (root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action plans), perform statistical analysis and trending to assess and monitor product/process performance, provide guidance for the disposition of non-conforming product, lead and participate in the creation of risk assessments, training and developing of suppliers as needed. A major part of this position is the ability to work with, and lead, cross- functional teams to collaboratively handle supplier changes, qualifications, CAPA plans, and development projects. This will include the need to build/revise standard operating procedures and other documents. This position will also lead supplier audit teams, technical supplier meetings, and routine SPC/SQC reviews with suppliers domestically and internationally as needed.
This position will report to the Senior Supplier Quality Manager Thin Films and will be based at the Carlsbad, CA manufacturing plant.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Solid understanding of Electronic Quality Systems (CAPA, Change Control, Document Management)
- B.S. in engineering or other technical fields preferred.
- Electronics experience in commercial, manufacturing, quality, or technical roles.
- ISO Lead Auditor Trained (such as ISO 9001-2015, ISO 140001, ISO/TS 16949).
- Experience in leading quality audits, from opening meetings to final reports.
- Demonstrated ability to create and update standard operating procedures ("SOP").
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate at all levels and functions of the organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational used to prioritize multiple activities and projects.
- Established project management experience as a leader and contributor.
- Previous experience communicating with suppliers and or customers.
- Experience in quality management systems including root cause analysis, metrology, SPC/SQC, management of change processes, and continuous improvement.
- Collaborative and motivated teammate. Always looking to share and advance best practices.
- Experience with relevant data analysis software / tools (eq. Minitab or JMP)
- Willingness to travel 30% of your time and periodically work outside of conventional business hours to support a global business.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt a plus
- ASQ CQE a plus
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.