Voir tous les résultats
Orbital Welder/Assembler - Evenings
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As an Orbital Welder/Assembler you will perform orbital GTAW tube welding, assembly, and installation of mechanical components onto sheet metal plates and inside of sheet metal frames and enclosures on equipment manufactured by SEMC Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing Center. Knowledge of using orbital welding equipment, the safe use of hand tools such as drills (portable battery and drill press), taps, wrenches, sockets, crimp tools, volt ohm meters, micrometers, cutoff tools jigs and fixtures as are necessary to perform the duties of this position. You will also perform inspection and general tool maintenance and use a deionized water system with ultrasonic baths and a drying oven. The working hours are Monday-Friday 3:00pm-11:00pm.
The pay rate for this role is $30.52/hr plus .65 cent shift differential.
- Drilling, tapping and component layout on sheet metal
- Cutting and bending stainless steel tubing
- Parts cleaning
- Mechanical finishing and labeling of systems during assembly
- Checking raw materials and quantities against a bill of materials and arranging them according to a design drawing
- Work in a cleanroom work environment and wear PPE such as a cleanroom hair cover, face cover, cleanroom smock with Latex or Nitrile gloves
- Up to 6 hours of seated weld station work
- Manual dexterity for placing work within the weld head
- Ability to straighten the welded piping spools
- Lift up to 50 lbs. and transfer that weight at waist height or knee height
- Push/Pull 200lb metal boxes on wheels
- Stand and kneel on ergonomic mats over concrete
- Step up on one step, lean over a tilting lift table
- Full range of motion with their arms and legs
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ year of experience interpreting and following written and verbal work instructions, mechanical and electrical schematics and engineering mechanical drawings
- Self-starting and motivated
- Good written and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment while following safety and process controls
- Ability to work with a team and independently
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.