Voir tous les résultats
Scientist, Downstream Protein Purification
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma is looking for a Scientist, Downstream Protein Process Development to join the Technical and Scientific Solutions (TSS) team in New England. This role is part of a worldwide team of engineers and scientists reporting into the technical support group for MilliporeSigma’s Process Solutions business.
- Proactively pursue and perform process development studies for the purification of therapeutic proteins using MilliporeSigma technologies such as sterile, depth, tangential flow and virus filtration and chromatography
- Involvement in filter selection and sizing, process optimization, and technology transfer activities associated with the purification of new pharmaceuticals
- Provide consultation to customers through email or teleconference calls.
- Collaborate and work with customer process development groups in New England (primarily in the Boston area).
- Work collaboratively with a team of local MilliporeSigma account managers to provide technical expertise to local customers.
- Adequately document customer interfacing activities and make recommendations for future course of action based on results.
- Travel within the New England area and North America with some possible international travel
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Life Sciences, Chemistry or Biochemistry and 2+ years of experience within pharmaceutical development or technology implementation
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Life Sciences, Chemistry or Biochemistry and 1+ years experience within pharmaceutical development or technology implementation
- Sound understanding of upstream and/or downstream biomanufacturing process requirements, best practices, and industry standards.
- Ability to identify thought leadership opportunities and implement through lunch & learns, publications, presentations, etc. with a focus on customer collaboration.
- Ability to cope with change, shift gears quickly, and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and able to work independently in a field-based position.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and successfully to diverse audiences through both written and oral communications
- Ability to produce quality written experimental reports and other appropriate documentation.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.