Voir tous les résultats
Oncology Territory Manager, San Antonio, Austin TX
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Oncology Territory Manager (OTM) is a field sales position covering the San Antonio, Austin, and surrounding areas. In this role you will deliver on aggressive but realistic targets for revenue growth and profitability by implementing brand objectives through innovative strategies, excellence in customer engagement and rigorous account planning. The OTM will be responsible for promoting Bavencio and its approved indications, launch of future BAVENCIO indications, TEPMETKO, and its approved indications and other potential products from the EMD Serono pipeline. As a key member of a strong performing team including Marketing, Managed Markets, Medical and the Pfizer co-promotion/alliance partner, the OTM will lead sales at the territory level and serve as the primary liaison between customers and EMD Serono.
- Strategically identify and enact ways to put patients and customers first, demonstrating behaviors and prioritizing those tasks which will enable delivery of medicines to patients with greater speed and increase the ability to help create, improve, and prolong patients’ lives
- Drive revenues via innovative strategies and tactics: including excellence in customer engagement and account planning
- Achieve Area quarterly and annual sales objectives through implementation of company and U.S. Oncology sales direction
- Achieve short and long-term sales objectives by identifying customer needs and providing solutions to create a professional relationship between the customer and EMD Serono
- Build customer alliances and maintain relationships with key HCP’s, physician practices, and hospitals/clinics, practice managers across various practice settings, including major cancer centers.
- Develop local/national KOL’s
- Be a market expert having deep market, customer, product and competitive insights. Understand the changing healthcare landscape and strategically adapt to succeed in this ever-changing environment.
- Achieve maximum individual potential, including excellence in product and disease state understanding, alignment with brand strategy, selling skills, account plan tracking, resource optimization and effective collaboration with co-promotion and alliance partners
- Develop Territory Business Plans consistent with the business unit strategy
- Maintain an expert operating knowledge of all company policies and guidelines including but not limited to those addressing Interactions with Healthcare Professionals, Compliance, Business Conduct and PhRMA. Ensure compliance with all Company, industry and government laws or guidelines regarding ethical standards
- Accountable for overall territory revenue
- Optimize area budgets and monitor all area expenditures to ensure optimal use of resources
- Fully participate in field coaching sessions with agreed frequency, including receiving guidance, positive reinforcement, and corrective action where needed with a focus on the execution of accounts plans and competency development to ensure sales growth
- Demonstrate strong critical analysis and planning skills in reviewing data, understanding trends, preparing and communicating applicable plans
- Successfully complete ongoing training and development to include product knowledge, selling skills, goal setting, planning and analysis, use of marketing tools and clinical information and sales competencies
- Work collaboratively and lead ongoing communication and tactical coordination with EMD Serono field and headquarters colleagues as well as alliance partners
- Demonstrate competency and fluency in business plan writing and communications and presentations
- Maintain frequent communication with the ABD
- Demonstrate leadership with peer groups
- A valid and active driver’s license
- Field sales role in San Antonio, Austin, and surrounding areas. traveling 50-70% locally with occasional domestic travel up to 15%
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/ healthcare sales industry with demonstration of successful results
- B.S., B.A. Degree
- Experience in Oncology Sales is preferred and specialty biologics markets highly desirable
- Experience selling a multi-product portfolio highly desired
- Scientific or clinical background desirable
- In-depth understanding of the oncology landscape and market dynamics is highly desirable
- Pharmaceutical marketing experience developing marketing programs and materials for healthcare professionals and patients
- Strong expertise in reimbursement and managed care knowledge
- Launch experiences a strong plus
- Management of a co-promote partnership/alliance is highly desirable
- Home Office/Headquarters experience
- Advanced degree
- Other language skills may be considered a plus
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.