Voir tous les résultats
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The position is within the Microbiome services team in Laclede, St. Louis. Your role will be to implement and routinely perform Mass Spectrometry (MS) based protocols for metabolomics study of microbial communities.
- Implement and evaluate protocols established by R&D for targeted and untargeted metabolomics studies in microbial populations (Microbiome), from sample prep to analysis by LC-MS
- Routinely perform metabolomics studies based on customers’ request including:
- Biological samples including but not limit to fecal and plasma handling and processing
- Metabolites extraction
- LC-MS operation
- Data analysis
- Report results and perform data analysis using bioinformatics tools
- Maintain and operate LC-MS and related equipment
- Implement automation to increase lab capacity and allow high throughput service
- Work according to SOPs and regulations
- Reports to Lab manager, Microbiome services
Who You Are:
- Mater in Analytical Chemistry or other science field
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or other science field with 3+ years analytical chemistry laboratory working experience
- Experience with liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (HPLC, UPLC) based small molecule analysis
- Experience with MS instruments (operation, maintenance)
- Experience with High resolution MS instruments (operation, maintenance) - advantage
- Accurate batch sample preparation in the lab
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good knowledge of IT applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Statistical Software)
- Expertise in data handing, bioinformatics and biostatistics tools - advantage
- Highly motivated
- Team player
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and ability to work under pressure
- Quickly adapt to changes
- Well organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once and able to work independently
- Superb data analysis skills
- Ability to identify and solve problems in an independent manner
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.