Voir tous les résultats
Scientist, In Vitro Immuno-Oncology
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
At EMD Serono in Billerica, MA we are looking for an Immuno-Oncology Scientist to drive drug discovery and development projects in Immuno-Oncology by designing and conducting in vitro pharmacology studies.
The Scientist will be responsible for the hands-on execution of in vitro immune-pharmacology studies that utilize in vitro and ex vivo cell-based assays to study the anti-tumor activity of novel immuno-oncology agents. The Scientist will develop and implement cell-based assay systems to characterize small molecules or biologics that modulate the tumor immune environment and enhance the anti-tumor immune response; analyze critical data, perform meticulous data recording and presentation of data. In addition, the candidate will be expected to develop, evaluate, and implement well-controlled in vitro experiments to interrogate target biology, and generate proof of concept data supporting target Go/No Go decisions. Through applied expertise in tumor immunology, the incumbent will be charged with characterizing the immunological mechanisms associated with treatment and the identification of potential biomarkers.
Who you are:
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, or other related Science discipline OR
- Master’s degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, or other related Science discipline with 3+ years’ experience in Immunology and/or Immuno-Oncology (T or NK cell biology)
- 2+ years’ experience conducting in vitro assays
- PhD with prior experience in Immunology or Immuno-Oncology research, especially T or NK cell working experience
- Hands on experience in isolation and culture of primary immune cells and tumor infiltrating lymphocytes and 3D culture of tumor tissues
- Experience with designing and conducting in vitro and ex vivo assays including T/NK cell immunophenotyping, T/NK cell dependent cytotoxicity and cytokine release, Immuno-phenotyping and gene profiling experiments using a variety of techniques including but not limited to multicolor flow cytometry, Incucyte live cell assay, mRNA profiling, multiplex assay etc.
- Knowledge of IHC and pre-clinical biomarkers Tissue culture: cell line and primary cell culture
- Experience in Molecular Biology: qPCR, Western blotting, ELISA
- Experience with Meta-analysis of data from public databases
- Ability to conceptualize and initiate research projects, and oversee the design, execution, and data interpretation for in vitro and ex vivo studies
- Ability to generate solid data package to support proof of concept, mechanism of action, preclinical biomarker analysis to support pharmacology development
- Ability to ensure compliance with company established practices and procedures, including laboratory notebooks (ELN), program reviews, publications, and IND submissions
- Willingness to lead from the bench by providing direct supervision and mentoring to junior scientists
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.