Voir tous les résultats
Senior Instrumentation & Control Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma is seeking a Senior Instrumentation and Control (I&C) Engineer to assist with the design, development, procurement, installation, and testing of systems used to control and monitor processes for our new and existing chemical processes. This position works as part of a collaborative team that oversees the design of the control systems and selects instruments and equipment for our Sheboygan Falls facility. The Senior Instrumentation and Controls Engineer will be part of our team of engineers and designers who size, select, and specify instrumentation for variety of process, and prepare documents and drawings for successful installation. In this role you will also develop functional specification documents for those same systems and potentially support field installation and operations.
- Working as the engineer for a subset of the I&C equipment, guiding it through the design and procurement process while ensuring it meets design requirements.
- Oversee the development of digital and analog control systems, including distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), and data acquisition systems (DAQ), by performing reviews of vendor deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines to select instruments to measure process and control variables.
- Provide an interface with the Power Engineering Group to coordinate the power distribution to I&C equipment.
- Prepare instrument specifications, calculations, and test plans to support the design, new construction, testing, commissioning, in-field troubleshooting and operation of the future production facilities.
- Create or revise Control Logic Data tables to document new or modified control algorithms.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Bioprocess, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering role.
- Ability to think strategically and take decisive action once the necessary information has been gathered.
- Ability to critically evaluate information and the boldness to ask questions when things don’t make sense.
- AutoCAD working knowledge. MS Excel Proficiency. HART field device configuration proficiency.
- Experience with configuration and programming with DCS, PLCs, Siemens PCS7, Ignition HMI, or other control system platforms.
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple teams.
- Experience with ignition source control methods in flammable materials handling areas (intrinsically safe, explosion proof, purged and pressurized systems).
RSRMS MilliporeSigma Millipore Sigma
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.