Voir tous les résultats
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
This position will be responsible for leading and managing a technical team tasked with the development and commercialization of innovative industrial cell culture media, feeds and manufacturing processes for upstream bioprocessing applications. This person will be expected to harbor the competencies to drive the bioprocessing cell culture media technologies and development pipelines (products and services) within the scope of accountability, budget and timelines. This position will be responsible for leading a team with 3-5 direct reports and a total team size of 20-25 scientists. The position will be based in Shanghai, China and will require approximately 10% international travel.
- Direct and manage the daily functions of the leadership and technical teams responsible for executing on product development and custom service projects
- In collaboration with business partners and R&D peers, establish and execute on a business strategy aligned with corporate and industry needs
- Cultivate a diverse workforce with complementary strengths and backgrounds, taking a portfolio approach to talent management and recognize employee development as a strategic business imperative
- Exercise and teach effective and concise oral and written communication skills, independently and in a team environment
- Oversee and drive innovation for R&D activities that focus on industry driven cell culture media platforms and manufacturing processes with an emphasis on generating and securing IP
- Liaise with and support sales and marketing teams through internal product and service capabilites training and participation in customer conference calls, on-site visits and workshops
- Liaise with and support manufacturing and supply chain operation teams regarding technical expertise, process improvements and best practices for cell culture media manufacturing
- Provide advisement and input on new technologies and investments required to maintain a leadership position in upstream bioprocessing products and services
- Develop and nurture external relationships with key customers, collaborators and vendors
- Actively engage external scientists and customers in research collaborations
- Lead organizational change, set direction
- Maintain compliance with company safety and regulatory policies
Who you are:
Other Specific Requirements
PhD in Chemistry, Biology or closely related field, with 7+ years of experience in upstream bioprocessing including 5+ years of direct leadership experience or MSc/BS with 10-15+ years related experience including 5+ years of direct leadership experience.
- Thorough understanding of the biopharmaceutical development process with technical expertise in industrial cell culture media development and manufacturing processes
- Broad network of established relationships in the industry that provide access to direct customer feedback and creates opportunities for world-class responsiveness and innovative growth
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills internally and externally, excellent presentation skills and presence
- Proactive and self-directed, ability to take calculated risks and demonstrated high level of learning agility
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and decision-making skills – design effective business plans that lead to action
- Ability to identify, prioritize and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Ability to motivate others and work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders at a global, multinational level
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and competent in bioinformatics and statistical software programs
- Established leadership skills, including hiring, training and developing talent
Functional Area: Research & Development
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com