Voir tous les résultats
Product Sustainability Specialist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In support of our sustainability strategy, the Sustainability & Social Business Innovation team is hiring a Product Sustainability Specialist to support its strategic goal for increasing product sustainability and helping to develop solutions to enable our customers to meet their own sustainability goals.
In this role you will be a strong collaborator and project manager who will focus on working cross-functionally to implement and scale up the division’s Design for Sustainability program to significantly increase the sustainability of our new and existing products.
- Interface with a wide range of levels of the organization, primarily across business areas and operations.
- Engage business areas leadership to increase consideration of sustainability in their strategy and activities.
- Manage implementation of new Design for Sustainability program within our internal product development process.
- Ensure adoption of new Design for Sustainability program by the product development teams globally through education, training sessions, organization of workshops, development of specific resources and tools.
- Support product development teams throughout the entire Design for Sustainability process (life cycle thinking, ideas generation, sustainability assessment, communication).
- Realization of Life Cycle Assessment of products.
- Investigate innovative technologies, materials, and partners.
- Keep a pulse on product-related regulatory requirements and evolution in collaboration with regulatory group, on industry trends, sustainable product design, competitor actions, and other sustainability and/or product stewardship initiatives.
- Measure and track key metrics of the Design for Sustainability program.
- Support development of sustainability related communications for new or improved products.
- Assist with internal and external inquiries, requests, questionnaires, reporting.
- Contribute to enhancement and evolution of our Design for Sustainability framework.
- Travel internationally up to 10%
Who You Are:
- BS Degree in Life Science, Engineering, or other discipline
- 3+ years of experience in driving product and/or packaging sustainability improvement including running projects remotely
- Experience in sustainability, eco-design and/or product-related environmental regulations.
- Experience in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) methodologies and software tools (Simapro).
- Expertise in sustainability and product stewardship trends, such as with sustainable packaging, product take-back and recycling, and product-related environmental regulations.
- Knowledge of applicable environmental regulatory requirements and industry standards, including WEEE, RoHS, REACH and other eco-design and energy efficiency requirements.
- Strong project management skills and ability to coordinate projects with product development, marketing, operations, procurement, packaging, distribution, management.
- Comfortable with business communication and public presentations.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as research and quantitative analysis skills.
- Well-developed influencing and motivating skills, including buy-in and consensus building among a wide range of levels of the organization.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, including those with internal stakeholders, customers, suppliers, and vendors.
- Competent Computer Skills (e.g. MS Office)
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- Partnership/Teamwork - ability to work well with a variety of people and be flexible to take on different roles/responsibilities as things change.
- Leadership - ability to lead cross-functionally.
- Facilitation - ability to work with several organizations with differing needs and develop an agreed upon solution.
- Customer Service - ability to anticipate, understand, and interpret customer needs and address as needed.
- Structured problem solving - ability to take a complex problem and break it down into components.
- Ability to pull relevant information from engineering, standards bodies, industry standards, and other technical resources to drive change.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.