Voir tous les résultats
Associate Production Scientist - 3rd shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Associate Production Scientist is primarily focused on performing required production operations to support the end users and patients of the compounds produced at MilliporeSigma. These responsibilities include but are not limited to executing existing production procedures, updating ancillary documents, and maintaining the safety and quality of the manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrating proper lab safety practices, and work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Functioning as a Primary Operator for a single group of GMP Production areas (i.e. Kilo Labs).
- Perform and author deviation investigation reports of limited impact/scope.
- Utilize and provide minor updates to a wide variety of written procedures, including batch records and existing operating procedures with assistance from a supervisor.
- Author and execute document Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Help to identify and immediately correct equipment, process, and safety issues in the lab.
- Function as a tier 1 project lead, as defined by manufacturing management.
- Draft process specific reports and documents using a previously created approved template.
- Mentor new employees by performing supplemental technical and on the job training.
- Participate in a team-based, multi-shift manufacturing environment comprised of multiple facilities.
- Provide departmental support through additional tasks as directed by management.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Lifting and moving up to 50 pounds with the assistance of equipment or teammates
- Working with highly potent / hazardous materials
- Utilizing proper personal protective equipment which could include but is not limited to: respiratory protection such as dust masks, half/full face respirators, supplied air, etc., and full body protection such as disposable coveralls, hazmat suits, etc.
Shift: Monday thru Thursday 10:00pm to 7:30am
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other Life Science discipline
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4+ years of pharmaceutical, chemical, or other production manufacturing experience
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office and Outlook tools, Electronic Document Management Systems, etc.)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write technical documents
- Mechanical and technical aptitude
- Comfortable working with highly potent / hazardous materials
- Able to operate hand tools, calculators, and weighing / measuring devices
- Strong mathematical skills
- Possess a high degree of motivation and are a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task while paying close attention to detail
- Ability to wear PPE such as Respiratory Protection (dust mask, half/full face respirators, supplied air, etc.), Full body protection (disposable coveralls, hazmat suits, etc.)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.