Voir tous les résultats
Senior Associate Scientist - Cellular Immunology
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
The Cellular and Translational Immunology Group within the Translational Innovation Platform (TIP) Immunology and Neurology Department at EMD Serono, Billerica, MA, is seeking a Senior Associate Scientist to join our team at our state-of-the-art research facility. The Sr. Associate Scientist will contribute to the discovery of medicines for the treatment of autoimmune and neuroinflammatory diseases. You will work collaboratively across functions with a group of scientists to develop and conduct ex vivo and in vitro cell-based assays to further our understanding of human autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, in addition to evaluating potential drug candidates.
- Develop and conduct cell-based assays using primary human immune cells or cell lines to support target validation and assay development efforts
- Conduct translational biomarker studies using samples from patients with autoimmune diseases to support pharmacodynamics and target engagement biomarker discovery, while also gathering a deeper insight into the disease
- Develop complex primary cell co-culture assays to support mechanism-of-action studies and/or drug candidate screening
- Conduct gene expression and protein analysis
- Prepare data reports to lab head and give presentations at internal and external meetings
- Operate state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, such as the Flow Cytometer/Imaging Flow Cytometer and/or qPCR-based expression platforms, as needed
- Independently design, execute, analyze, interpret, and troubleshoot experiments and data
- Record data accurately in the Electronic Laboratory Notebook and maintain records per company policy and legal requirements
- Write standard operating protocols and reports per request
- Provide technical support to colleagues in own area of expertise when necessary
- Closely work with members in Cellular and Translational Immunology group to support departmental goals
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, or other Life Sciences discipline with 1+ years of laboratory experience in an industrial or academic setting OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Cell Biology, or other Life Sciences discipline with 3+ years of laboratory experience in an industrial or academic setting
- Drug discovery experience
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in the following areas are highly desirable:
- Mammalian cell culture, especially human primary cell culture; immune cell isolation from human whole blood/PBMCs
- Cell-based assays: Mixed lymphocyte reactions, proliferation, cytokine assessment
- Flow cytometry: Multicolor flow cytometry, cell sorting, intracellular and surface staining
- Gene expression and protein analyses: DNA/RNA isolation, qPCR, western blotting
- Bioanalytical assays: AlphaLISA, MSD
- Laboratory equipment: flow cytometry/FACS, EnVision, autoMACS, ImageStream
- Good understanding of basic Immunology principles would be an advantage
- Proficient with research software: GraphPad Prism, BD FACS Diva, Flow Jo, Microsoft Office
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.