Voir tous les résultats
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The Manufacturing Supervisor directs all plant production and stockroom activities on a specific shift and promotes a “Safety First” environment. The Supervisor maintains safe working conditions throughout the plant by taking corrective action on unsafe conditions or acts, and leads by example. The Manufacturing Supervisor meets production schedules and standards in accordance with applicable customer requirements and maintains optimum production at the least possible cost. This role may require travel up to 50% in the first year for training at other EMD locations.
- Coordinates training and supervision of unionized hourly employee activities; administers plant rules and procedures; recommends employees and candidates for hire, promotion, demotion, transfer, disciplinary action and/or termination.
- Effectively manages the work schedule for the plant to prevent idle time, and provide for the optimal use of personnel, machinery, and material. This includes the proper use of any established work standards.
- Maintains standards of quality to meet defined specifications. Strives for continuous improvement in quality performance through proper training, good communication, effective leadership / supervision, and follow-up with all members of shift.
- Responsible for ensuring incident reports and associated corrective actions are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Effectively handles employee complaints, suggestions, questions, in accordance with the company guidelines and bargaining agreement.
- Responsible for reporting and controlling all safety, quality, and efficiency performance daily through written or verbal communication in the form of shift notes/reports.
- Assists in the review of labor and manufacturing costs as they relate to production. Analyze and recommends methods for reducing these costs.
- Coordinates the implementation of any approved process or procedure changes. Responsible for communicating these changes to production personnel and follows-up to insure understanding and proper implementation.
- Perform material movements and other actions in ERP System
- Collaborate with Engineering/Design to address production order issues as well as Quality to address non-conformances and corrective and preventative actions
Who You Are:
- Associate Degree in a technical related field
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing role
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to empower, coach and mentor employees
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven ability to successfully present information to groups of various sizes
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and e-mail applications
- Experience working with ERP systems, SAP preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.