Voir tous les résultats
Associate Scientist 2
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As an Associate Scientist/Molecular Biologist within our Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) group in our Rockville, Maryland facility, your activities will support commercial biosafety testing within the organization, specifically using NGS platforms. You are responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed in the laboratory, and are required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/ documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/ industry standards. Requirements also include maintaining a thorough understanding of company testing services, technical principles and applications as they apply to your position.
Your primary responsibilities will be to provide support for the day to day operation of the facility and to contribute to the timely execution of NGS service offerings for our customers. You will liaise closely with laboratory management, bioinformatics and support staff to ensure internal and external expectations are met or exceeded. You will be responsible for performing custom and routine NGS testing in accordance with all SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP). You will be expected to lead by example and work collaboratively to advance the application of NGS in the field of biosafety testing.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conduct assigned testing independently within constraints of lab scheduling
- Perform testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP)
- Maintain complete and comprehensive records for study integrity
- Make detailed observations, documents results and performs data analysis
- Perform peer review of assay batch/lab records to ensure Right First Time (RFT)
- Communicate deviations/events, progress and interim results to Study Management
- Perform training of laboratory personnel as needed/assigned
- May serves as a team lead
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in a scientific field (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific field (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 1+ years of working laboratory experience – OR -
- Associate degree in scientific field (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 3+ years of molecular laboratory experience – OR -
- 5+ years of molecular laboratory experience
- Broad working knowledge and experience with relevant laboratory practices, techniques, equipment (including automation), materials and mathematical calculations
- Ability to contribute immediately with little training and supervision
- Experience working in a regulated environment (GMP/GLP) is critical, but may be gained on-the-job
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations, seminars, oversight of projects, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in applicable computer programs
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Multi-tasker who can handle multiple high-complexity projects at one time
- Working knowledge of experimental design
- Strong molecular biology skills, especially related to NGS
- Illumina platform technology experience
- Proficiency in the use of basic laboratory techniques, equipment and materials
- Excellent time management skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.