Voir tous les résultats
Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of "fully vaccinated" assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
EMD Serono in Billerica is seeking a Scientist, Medicinal Chemist. The Medicinal Chemist for new Innovation Areas in Healthcare R&D works on drug discovery projects exploring new game changers for the further evolution of the Company Healthcare R&D strategy. Fields currently pursued are drug discovery to interfere with the molecular processes of aging for overall health span extension as well as innovative approaches to fight fertility at its route cause. The Scientist will evaluate existing chemical matter and engage in innovative derivatization and library similarity search approaches for focused library generation as well as in-silico assessment and prediction. The position also involves managing running collaborations with scientific academic and corporate partners as well as supporting modern crowd sourcing and innovation management approaches. In this role you will work very closely with the department of Strategic Innovation. The Scientist, Medicinal Chemist will be joining a dynamic team and will work hand in hand with internal interface partners and external agencies, consultants, and service providers.
Who you are:
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, or related Science discipline with 1+ years’ hands-on experience in synthetic organic chemistry for drug discovery OR
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, or related Science discipline with 5+ years’ hands-on experience in synthetic organic chemistry in pharmaceutical industry OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, or related Science discipline with 7+ years’ hands-on experience in synthetic organic chemistry in pharmaceutical industry
- Basic know-how about medicinal chemistry
- Passionate about the use of synthetic organic chemistry to address key questions in the field of life sciences; interest in making use of modern synthetic methods
- Attracted by participating in multidisciplinary projects requiring highly developed scientific expertise and advanced laboratory techniques together with freedom for independent judgment, decision making and action
- Demonstrated high level of creativity and independence in solving complex synthetic problems, experience in working in a dynamic environment and within a multidisciplinary & international team
- Excellent communication and motivational skills, eager to introduce latest knowledge into research activities and independently develop new technological or scientific solutions and strategies
- Excellent communication skills across cultures and continents
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivation and desire to accomplish something and make great things happen
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Innovative spirit, ability to think outside the box
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.