Voir tous les résultats
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As an Engineer/Scientist II/III with MilliporeSigma, you will be part of the R&D Group in Cell Therapy Processing, located in West Springfield, Massachusetts. We are developing novel ultrasound platform technologies to enable automated manufacturing of cell and gene therapies. The technologies comprise patented acousto-fluidic systems for cell processing such as labeled and label-free cell selection, concentration, washing and differentiation. The current focus of the technical team is the development of an acoustic affinity cell selection system. Acoustic radiation forces in conjunction with low Reynolds number flows are used to manipulate particles and cells in order to perform a specific cell processing step. We are looking for an experienced engineer with a strong CAD background who is equally adept in a lab setting performing experiments.
- Contribute to the development of the account-fluidic platform technologies and processes through independent thought and innovation
- Set up and execute experiments of acousto-fluidic systems
- Design acousto-fluidic cell processing platforms
- Participate in design of experiments, data analysis, post processing and presentation of data
- Write reports, contribute to Intellectual Property, and publish papers as needed
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Chemical, Biochemical or Biomedical engineering
- Experience with CAD
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Biomedical engineering
- Experience with Solidworks
- Fabrication experience including 3D printing and light machining
- Experienced with lab instrumentation and excited to be an experimentalist
- Some experience with data analysis and post processing of data
- Knowledge in one of the following fields: physical acoustics, ultrasound, biomedical ultrasound
- Self-motivated with strong curiosity and driven to take on broader responsibilities around technology development
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.