Voir tous les résultats
Head, PSS Commercial China
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Process Solutions Services (PSS) is a business of that provides biopharmaceutical clients with mission-critical testing for development and manufacturing of biological medicines. Known in the industry as the BioReliance® Testing Services, PSS worked from the founding of the biotechnology industry to establish many methods used today for biosafety and product characterization of biopharmaceutical drugs. With operational sites in the US, UK and Singapore, and a new site in Shanghai scheduled for launch in 2022, the business enjoys significant investments from the company. It employs over 1,500 people globally, of whom 200+ will be ultimately based in the Shanghai lab. With 2,000+ GMP assays accepted by global regulators, and new testing methods developed annually by our in-house R&D team, BioReliance® Testing Services is a global leader in the biotech industry, with services used to test full range of biologics, from Monoclonal Antibodies (mAbs) to cutting edge Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT, including CAR-T) drugs. Our assays have been used to develop and test 100+ licensed products, including most of the currently approved CGTs and several of the COVID vaccines and treatments.
The Head of PSS Commercial China will be the General Manager of the rapidly growing (>25%/year) BioReliance® Biosafety Testing business that delivers critical services in support of the rapidly expanding China biopharmaceutical (mAbs and CGT) market. You will be accountable for top line growth and profitability of the business, and responsible to lead the entire Process Solutions Services (PSS) commercial team of 20+ members, including sales, project management, marketing, and order management functions. As a key member of the PSS Asia Pacific Leadership team, you will establish commercial strategy for the PSS business, set sales objectives, define/ execute the go-to-market plan, and monitor & improve the service delivery process. Responsible to plan and lead the commercial launch of the PSS Testing Lab in Shanghai, a €20M+ investment scheduled for launch in late 2022 that will be, when fully operational, one of the global centers of excellence for the BioReliance® Testing business. You will grow, develop, coach, and motivate the PSS China team, and become one of the key future leaders of the Life Science business in China.
The key responsibilities of this position are:
- Drive above market growth of the PSS China topline, aligned with the PSS China strategy.
- Engage with China biopharmaceutical clients, up to VP/CEO level to position and promote the PSS services as a long-term local testing partner.
- Lead the PSS China commercial team including Sales, Project Management, Orders Management, and Marketing.
- Strengthen the PSS China strategy, including market assessment, market intelligence, and business cases for footprint and capability expansions.
- Develop and execute commercial plan to ensure successful startup of PSS Shanghai facility: hiring, client engagement & promotion, business pipeline, service expectations, and order-to-cash (orders management) process.
- Develop talent and succession pipeline of the PSS China commercial team.
- Act as a key member of the PSS Asia and PS China leadership teams, being a champion of cross-functional collaboration and a developer of future Merck Life Science talent.
- Collaborate with PSS Global Functions (strategy & marketing, commercial, operations) as a senior leader and champion for the PSS China business.
Who you are:
- B.Sc. or B.Eng. degree in Biological Science, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology or similar.
- Advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate or MBA) or equivalent business experience is preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in Life Science industry, with sales and marketing experience and proven track record of consistently achieving or exceeding top line targets.
- Understanding of the biopharmaceutical or bioprocess market.
- 5+ years management experience.
- Experience of working and managing in a multi-cultural environment.
Other skills requirements:
- Self-motivated with unrivalled drive and energy, with a readiness to take on tough challenges and see them through to conclusion.
- Customer centric mindset and possess a continuous improvement attitude.
- Ability to lead and motivate a sales team for a rapidly growing business.
- Capable of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with local and global company stakeholders.
- Clear communicator, able to explain business plans and status to executives as well as broader organization.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills with clients at executive, technical and economic (procurement) level – with the above this is not needed.
- Curiosity and drive to succeed, individually and as a team; willingness to learn and lead by doing.
- Strong analytical skills to establish and manage sales and operating budgets.
Functional Area: Commercial
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com