Voir tous les résultats
Associate Scientist - In Vitro Pharmacologist (Oncology)
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
EMD Serono Research and Development Institute in Billerica, MA, has an opening for an Associate Scientist to join our Exploratory Cancer Research group. The successful candidate will conduct cell-based and molecular biology assays to better understand the mechanism of action for several drug candidates in preclinical development. This laboratory-based position offers the opportunity for a talented scientist to work at the forefront of cancer research within a research-based drug discovery company. In this role, the candidate is expected to develop and conduct cellular and molecular assays, such as cell signaling assays, cell proliferation assays and a variety of biomarker assays.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or a related Scientific discipline with 3+ months experience in aseptic techniques in handling mammalian cultures or cancer cell lines
- Familiarity with a variety of standard molecular and cell biological techniques such as western blotting, ELISA, qRT-PCR and cell proliferation assays
- Experience with apoptosis assays and gene-editing techniques (RNAi, CRISPR) is beneficial
- Experience with cell microscopy, Incucyte live cell imaging or other high content cell image analysis instrumentation is beneficial
- Ability to prepare or assist in the development of experimental procedures, protocols, and SOPs
- Ability to execute experiments and scientific tasks with independence, curiosity, and scientific rigor
- Sense of responsibility and ownership of experiments and results
- Experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and GraphPad PRISM to allow documentation of experimental procedures and results in an Electronic Lab Notebook
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact effectively in a team-oriented research environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.