Voir tous les résultats
Director, Thought Leader Liaison - West
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Preferred Location: West Coast, AZ, Utah, but open to other locations as well.
Your role: The Director of Thought Leader Liaisons (DTLL) leads a team of product and company knowledge experts in developing business strategies that build on EMD Serono’s reputation and credibility in the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and neurology marketplace. The DTLL is responsible for ensuring the team’s successful execution of long-term account plans, improved customer satisfaction, development and strengthening of Key Opinion Leader (KOL) relationships, and service as the N&I product and services experts in delivering superior customer service to MS Centers nationally.
The Thought Leader Liaison team directly engages Key Opinion Leaders at MS Centers, academic and hospital institutions nationally, acting as the disease state and product expert. TLL’s are responsible for expanding and building new relationships with emerging thought leaders, serving as the primary liaison between customers and the company, and acting as the interface between the customer and Sales, Marketing and Managed Markets to efficiently address account needs thereby enhancing HQ connectivity. Additional responsibilities include:
- Articulate and communicates a strategic vision for the TLL team that ensures a culture of performance and accountability.
- Develop deep customer/market insights at the territory level to compliantly build long term relationships, broader access, and advocacy.
- Create and maintains strong working relationships with the MS/Neurology medical community including MS Centers and related physicians. Cultivates Key Opinion Leaders and product advocates in the Academic and MS Community.
- Work cross functionally with medical, marketing and global to ensure clear and consistent exchange of information and alignment on organizational objectives.
- Maintain an excellent level of product and disease state as well as market and reimbursement knowledge in order to develop strategic business plans that drive KOL Product adoption, MS Center loyalty, and Sr. Leadership connectivity.
- Lead and motivates the TLL team by defining clear objectives, allocating resources, and monitoring activities.
- Identify and hires top talent and ensures the team has the skills and competencies to be successful in an evolving industry and the therapeutic area by providing ongoing feedback and coaching.
- Coordinate ongoing training for the team to ensure a high level of product and disease state knowledge, large account management, business planning and analysis, presentation skills, and use of marketing tools.
- Identify and assesses business and personnel related issues which may affect a TLL’s performance and provides appropriate coaching and corrective actions to resolve problems.
- Assess human resources continuously and ensure that there are available and ready successors for each role.
- Take a lead role in planning, coordinating and executing all neurology congress meetings (ACTRIMS, AAN, CMSC, ECTRIMS).
- Ensure effective and compliant management of all speaker bureau activities and program implementation.
- Manage regional budgets and accurately reports budget activity to management. Reporting must include accounting for the proper resource allocation and assessment of outcome.
- Review and approves all regional expenses according to established PHARMA and EMD Serono guidelines.
- Execute successful and impactful regional meetings and actively participate in open presentations and discussions at National meetings.
- Maintain an excellent level of home office and regional interaction to determine and communicate additional market opportunities, as well as create and participate in programs necessary to effectively seize business opportunities (i.e., brand planning, focus groups, field tests, etc.)
Preferred Location: West Coast, AZ, Utah, but open to other locations as well.
Who you are: The DTLL is a strong self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit coupled with strong critical thinking skills. You have superior team orientation to develop and motivate a high performing team coupled with the ability to influence without authority in a matrixed environment. You bring strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across functions in a complex organization and business environment. You are able to drive multiple tasks, initiatives, and projects simultaneously, and think strategically to bring innovation to the organization. You have a strong business acumen with keen analytical sense and ability to utilize quantitative analysis and sound business judgment in interpretation of sales and market data to drive strategy. The DTLL is motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment. You possess high integrity and exceptional work ethic fostering mutual trust and respect. You have the flexibility to lead through change, driving through unexpected challenges to deliver on business imperatives.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7+ field sales, product marketing, or medical / clinical experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- Advanced software skills, particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced degree in business or science a plus.
- Experience in MS, neurology and specialty biologics markets highly desirable.
- A solid base of experience in pharmaceutical product marketing, market analysis/research, competitive intelligence, sales and market forecasting, and product differentiation and positioning.
- Ability to present to small and large groups and deal with unexpected questions and challenges while presenting.
- Strong business and financial skills to manage an overall budget.
- Experience in other EMD Serono therapeutic areas (Oncology, GH, HIV, RH) is a plus.
- Significant, recent US experience of managing a brand in a variety of stages of the life cycle.
- Knowledge of customer loyalty and/or customer satisfaction measures and their integration into business dimensions of people and process.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience managing a marketing or specialty sales team.
- Knowledge of managed care and reimbursement systems and strategies.
- Product or services launch experience a plus.
- English required; other language skills may be considered a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.