Voir tous les résultats
Scientist - Protein Engineering and Antibody Technologies
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
EMD Serono in Billerica, MA is seeking a Scientist to join their Protein Engineering and Antibody Technologies team within the global Discovery and Development Technologies (DDTech) organization. This group utilizes state-of-the-art microfluidics-based single cell technology to discover therapeutic antibodies to treat autoimmune disease and cancers. In this role, the candidate will design and execute animal immunization, FACS cell sorting, high throughput transfection for antibody expression, and will have opportunities to participate in project teams from different functions for new modality drug development.
- Design and execute animal immunization; check serum antibody titers; collect tissues for antibody discovery
- Manage external CROs for immunization and coordinate activities with internal function teams
- Perform high throughput transient transfection for antibody screening
- Perform multi-color flow cytometry for cell sorting and technology development
- Optimize protocols and propose solutions to improve efficiency of existing processes
- Evaluate new technologies, instrumentation, and assays to improve in-house platforms
- Analyze and present assay data in a clear and highly organized manner
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, or other related Science discipline with 4+ years of experience in antibody discovery OR
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, or other related Science discipline
- PhD in Biological Sciences
- Extensive experience with multi-color flow cytometry
- In-depth knowledge of rodent immune system and immunization
- Direct experience and knowledge of designing and optimization of cellular assays
- Experience with PCR, molecular cloning, and transfection of mammalian cells, Western blot, ELISA
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.