Voir tous les résultats
Field Service Engineer - Boston West
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Field Service Engineer (FSE) with MilliporeSigma, you will be responsible for the installation, repair, preventative maintenance, verification, and qualification of water purification systems in the Boston Metro and Western Massachusetts area. In this role, it will be your responsibility to schedule and complete service visits in a timely manner.
You will collaborate with various internal support groups within MilliporeSigma (Sales, Technical Services, Operations, Customer Service and others) to provide the highest level of satisfaction to our customers. In addition, you will be responsible for promoting MilliporeSigma consumables, services, capital upgrades and accessories to all customers; encouraging the growth of Millipore Sigma's Field Service business unit.
- Ensure proper administration and management of the territory workload as well as properly document service call completion, capture trend analysis and provide appropriate documentation to customers.
- International or domestic travel up to 10%
- Occasional work outside of typical business hours, depending on business needs where emergency service is requested
- Lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Wearing of respirator protection
- Occasional work in clean room environments with increased safety measures; gloves, protective coveralls, respirator, etc
- Use of a company vehicle
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- 1+ years of field service experience with Electro-Mechanical devices
- Technical degree in areas such as Plumbing, Electronics, Computer Repair or equivalent
- 2+ years previous professional experience in Plumbing, Electronics, Computers; experience may substitute for Technical degree
- Proficiency in tools and test equipment
- Basic IT skills to properly complete admin, training and some system installations
- Experience with Reverse Osmosis and water purification technologies
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Experience working with PC Device connections and Network settings, including but not limited to: serial port and USB connections, resource selection and IP address settings
- Experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital equipment
- Experience working with electronics and computer equipment
- Experience in the use of mechanical and hand tools and service test equipment
- Effective communication and customer service skills are essential with the ability to deliver “Best in class” customer satisfaction
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and in an established team setting
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.