Voir tous les résultats
Senior Associate Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
The Senior Associate Scientist is responsible for the analysis of samples from the Process and Analytical Development (PAD), related paperwork, troubleshooting analysis techniques, general laboratory tasks, and demonstrates the ability to work on (and solve) problems independently with little guidance. The ability to analyze and troubleshoot the use of HPLC, GC, DSC, TGA, IR, MS, NMR and XRPD, among other instrumentation, along with wet chemical assays is essential. The Senior Associate Scientist is responsible for development, or directing the development, of analytical methods to support PAD for eventual validation and or use in cGMP. The Senior Associate Scientist is responsible for reviewing and evaluating analytical data for identification of PAD products, intermediates and raw materials and is responsible for related paperwork. The Senior Associate Scientist is responsible for maintaining project timing and interacting with clients to assure project goals are met.
Working with colleagues in PAD, the Senor Associate Scientist is part of a team of professionals advancing pharmaceutical candidates to cGMP manufacturing. The Senior Associate Scientist is a developing expert in analytical and cGMP manufacturing science/technology. Demonstrates a documented ability to execute and troubleshoot experiments as well as provides sound judgment in scientific and technical situations. The Senior Associate Scientist is recognized as a significant individual contributor in the scientific and technical areas within PAD.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop test methods for PD products, intermediates, and raw materials.
- Work on and solve problems of moderate scope.
- Analytically test PD final products, intermediates, and raw materials. Testing will involve the use of HPLC, GC, DSC, TGA, IR, MS, NMR and XRPD among other tests and instruments.
- Properly document lab work.
- Perform job responsibilities with minimal guidance.
- Help develop specifications for final products, intermediates, and raw materials.
- Transfer analytical test methods to Quality Control.
- Train Analytical and Quality Control personnel in operation of analytical equipment and methods.
- Install, operationally qualify, and calibrate/verify analytical and related equipment.
- Write and evaluate reports, protocols, SOP’s, and other documentation.
- Review analytical data.
- Work with clients (internal and external) to achieve project goals.
- Interpretation of analytical data (including FT-IR, 1H NMR, MS).
- Maintain and calibrate/verify analytical and related equipment.
- Work in a safe manner and maintain the cleanliness of the work environment.
- Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Environmental conditions: Works near moving mechanical parts. Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses / goggles, chemical resistant suites, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors, or airborne particles. Must be willing to work with highly potent / hazardous materials requiring the utilization of proper personal protective equipment which could include half/full face respirators, Saranex and / or Tyvek suits with powered respiration.
Physical requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl for long periods of time. The employee must be able to talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignments. The employee may be required to lift more poundage with assistance. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Regular use of phones, computers, computer monitors, and all office / laboratory equipment. The employee is also required to type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTS / computer monitors.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry or related biological sciences
- 5+ years in an analytical laboratory environment operating under GLP or cGMP conditions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in an Analytical testing lab with hazardous and toxic chemicals.
- Adequate technical writing skills to generate development reports.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.