Voir tous les résultats
Manufacturing Operator 4
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
The Manufacturing Operator 4 at MilliporeSigma produces and purifies chemical compounds to meet the demands and requirements of Sigma-Aldrich customers. Serves as production process resource for the department, improves procedures and processes to cut costs, improves quality or safety and increases efficiency as directed by authorized personnel.
- Produces chemicals
- Sets up, uses and cleans required equipment, tools and materials
- Charges solids, liquids and gases to flasks and reactors
- Monitors chemical reactions using analytical and laboratory equipment and distributed control system
- Performs distillations, filtrations, extractions and re-crystallization to purify and isolate product
- Neutralizes and disposes of waste
- Recognizes and suggests corrective measures to reaction anomalies
- Contributes to department quality and safety goals
- Closely follows written procedures, MPR’s, SOP’s and other work instructions
- Follows ISO guidelines and participates in quality awareness and training sessions
- Verifies quality and integrity of material and equipment used
- Makes suggestions and assists in implementing corrective and preventative actions
- Helps identify unsafe situations and makes suggestions to improve safety
- Wears and maintains personal protective equipment as appropriate
- Cleans and organizes work area
- Participates in incident investigations and safety meetings
- Ensures that work area is stocked with sufficient supplies and equipment
- Conducts departmental training on company and departmental procedures
- Documents work and enters information into lab notebook or batch record
- Labels reactions, products, and waste with content and status related information
- Fills out any ISO documents
- Maintains personnel and trainee training records
- Provides oral and/or written updates to supervisor and co-workers regarding process status (shift change)
- Assists in writing or revising MPR’s and SOP’s
- Trains and mentors co-workers/new employees
- Communicates needs (materials, equipment, training, etc) to supervisor or appropriate person
- Provides solutions to production questions and problems
- Contributes to departmental improvement goals
- Makes suggestions for improvements and participates in PDSA tests cycles that result in measurable improvement.
- Performs small scale experimentation as directed by authorized personnel
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
Who You Are:
- HS Diploma or GED
- 3+ years Chemical Operations experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to read and understand written protocols
- Ability to operate forklift or hand pallet truck
- Basic understanding of chemical reactions and hazards
- Ability to operate hand tools, lab equipment, calculator and weighing and measuring devices
- Basic understanding of ISO and GMP quality systems and ability to provide answers to process problems
- Ability to train or mentor new employees or co-workers
This is a 2nd shift position
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.