Voir tous les résultats
Green Chemistry Education Program Manager
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Green Chemistry Education Program Manager at MilliporeSigma is responsible for the development and execution of strategic projects within the Sustainability & Social Business Innovation group of the life science business. The projects are often global in nature and require diverse thinking, building of cross-functional support to execute projects and the ability to provide guidance and subject matter expertise while creating actionable, measurable strategies.
- Act as main point of contact for partner organization
- Manage programs in close collaboration with nonprofit partner
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders, including Sales, Marketing, Legal and Compliance
- Collaborate with Communications team to develop internal and external communications to raise awareness about and drive programs forward
- Measure outputs and outcomes against defined goals to track program impacts
- Support additional Employee & Community Engagement programs and projects, as necessary
As part of the company’s Employee & Community Engagement efforts, this position will play an integral role in driving systemic change in chemistry education at the university level, improving chemistry’s impact on human progress on a global scale. This role will manage the relationship with our nonprofit partners and provide internal support for the development and scale of key programs to drive the adoption of green chemistry in higher education. While Green Chemistry education is growing, barriers remain to broad scale integration into curriculum and practice. This partnership aims to move the green chemistry community towards a Community of Transformation through in person and online support mechanisms to drive behavioral change.
Together, we impact life and health with science. We accomplish this by making philanthropic investments in the areas of science education and global access to science. Simultaneously, we harness the diverse talents and expertise of our employees, allowing them to give back to the communities in which they live and work through SPARK, our global skills-based volunteer program. In addition, we are turning scientific inquisitiveness into action via Curiosity Labs, Curiosity Labs at Home, and the Curiosity Cube, our proprietary programs that bring hands-on, interactive science lessons to students around the world.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- 1+ years in corporate responsibility/community engagement, sustainability, business, communications, nonprofit, social work, or related discipline
- 1+ years Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or other Science
- MBA with a Sustainability focus
- 1+ years of experience working with cross-functional, global teams
- 1+ years of experience designing, managing, executing, and evaluating programs and projects
- 1+ years of experience working with Microsoft Office tools, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of successfully working with internal and external stakeholders to resolve complex problems and create unique solutions
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and participate as effective team member
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of building trust among stakeholders and developing highly effective and collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated ability to independently set and meet goals and objectives
- Consistency and high-quality work output
- Passion for corporate responsibility and community engagement
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.