Voir tous les résultats
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The Delivery Systems and Services (DS&S) business offers gas/chemical/slurry delivery equipment, installation projects, aftermarket, and on-site services to Semiconductor Solutions’ Group customers. Markets include semiconductor, display, and LED. Primary objective of the business is to improve revenue, profitability, and market share of our DS&S products, by offering Marketing the right combination of products with competitive pricing.
Your role: Sourcing Manager is a member of the North America Procurement team. The successful candidate will drive improvement in the materials management area while reducing component and outsourcing costs through innovative material planning, inventory management, sourcing strategies and detailed execution. This position requires close collaboration with senior commercial, manufacturing, engineering, and product management leaders to ensure that continual monitoring of the market situation and specific customer orders and forecast to ensure the proper supply of materials to avoid impacts to our manufacturing operations.
The role reports directly to the North America/Europe Regional Sourcing Manager.
This Senior Procurement role is responsible for ensuring the continuity of material supply to the DS&S Business, by leading buying/planning activities to ensure optimal inventory/purchasing levels and continuous supply of material. You will be responsible for developing and implementing supply strategies with key world-class suppliers. An in-depth understanding of Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) and materials management systems is required for this position. The individual will be responsible for driving continuous improvement with suppliers to achieve objectives.
- Supplier management, purchasing, and coordination of material flow to meet customer requirements and profitability objectives
- Develop, monitor, and pursue tactical initiatives/projects with suppliers that meet the goals of the company on inventory management
- Strategic Sourcing with an emphasis on improving supplier engagement and relationship through strategy development, supplier relationship management, bidding, and contract negotiation/execution.
- Collaborate with the commercial team to share forecasts with suppliers of anticipated demand combines historical data, manufacturing forecast, manufacturing capacity and product line sales and marketing forecasts
- Coordination with the engineering team to minimize supply risk through qualification of alternate suppliers for sole sourced components and other strategies
- Proactive inventory management including inventory reductions and inventory turns
- Responsible for data integrity within SAP for assigned materials
- Communication of key information regarding material cost, delivery, and availability
- Monitor and communicate supplier performance (supplier ratings and meetings)
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with focus in supply chain, logistics, or operations management
- 6+ years’ experience in Supply Chain management
- Certification in APICS or ISM preferred
- Master’s degree
- Shown success in developing and implementing material planning and inventory management strategies and practices supporting overall business goals – reduced costs, reduce lead times, high operational availability, and reduced on-hand inventory.
- Experience fostering relationships with suppliers while driving lower costs, outstanding performance, and continuous improvement
- Experience in a discrete manufacturing environment highly preferred.
- Solid understanding of purchasing processes and ERP systems, SAP preferred
- Experience in Forecast/Demand Planning, Purchasing, Sourcing, or Materials Management
- Knowledge of computerized forecasting, planning, and purchasing techniques
- Proactive, results oriented, and can collaborate effectively across various teams, i.e., Sales, Product Management, Engineering and Manufacturing
- Independent problem solving/decision making and the ability to handle multiple, opposing priorities
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.