Voir tous les résultats
Senior Automation & Controls Engineer
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Automation & Controls Engineer
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the Controls Engineer is responsible for the maintenance, fault finding and replacement of all controls equipment including PLCs within the Biotools department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Have a keen ability to fault find complex automation equipment including interrogation of program code to identify issues.
- Coach area technicians and junior control engineers as required and support problem solving and continuous improvement efforts across all areas of Biotools.
- Carry out justification for capital projects for the site and lead all elements of the project within schedule and costs
- Manage all Requisitions and financial needs to ensure site discretionary budgets and capital budgets are met.
- Give input to the budgeting process for controls automation needs to allow the correct finance to be put in place for execution
- Ensure project design and installations meet the requirement of EU directives such as the Machinery Directive and CE compliance.
- Ensure Electrical Control Panels are built to standard and adhere to Safety of Machinery –EN60204-1.
- Develop critical spares list for site controls and automation hardware & ensure that critical spares are in stock or are always readily available. Ensure that an effective program is then maintained.
- Investigate EHS incidents, lead RCAs and complete EHS actions as appropriate.
- Perform all tasks with due recognition of safety, environment, GMP & plant procedures.
- Support production teams in attaining all targets set out in the production schedule
- Responsible for the supervision and control of all documentation / back up systems related to plant controls and PLC's.
- Responsible for negotiating and maintaining all associated support contracts.
- Responsible for keeping all controls related equipment up to date and conforming to all internationally recognised standards.
Who you are
BEng degree in electrical/electronic/automation engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in the automation discipline.
Minimum of 7 years + industry experience in an FDA or GMP environment as an automation controls engineer. Project management experience and qualification is desirable.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com