Voir tous les résultats
Manufacturing Lead - A Shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Manufacturing Lead will serve a crucial role in manufacturing, overseeing, and helping with day-to-day operations. The Manufacturing Lead will drive safety and quality while working closely with other team members in coordinating and maximizing overall production efforts in a team environment.
- Ensure compliance with all EHS and quality regulations.
- Lead with motivation, inspiration and build a high performing team.
- Drive change and challenge the status quo in a respectful/professional manner
- Be a collaborative and motivated team player; always looking to share and advance best practices
- Ensure any equipment downtime is escalated and properly mitigated.
- Manage team strengths and address any training/staffing gaps.
- Establish and maintain a safe, clean, and well-organized work environment.
- Direct the implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods and standard operating procedures on the production floor.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in productivity and performance metrics using lean tools and operator engagement.
- Act as a mentor to staff and develops a “learning” organization.
- Accomplish manufacturing goals by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results, coaching/counseling team members, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure KPI measurables are met consistently (i.e. MPS, backorder, etc.)
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel to accomplish production goals; establish priorities, monitor progress, revise schedules, resolve production problems, and report any changes in quality or throughput.
- Actively manage employee performance through coaching, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Interact with other departments to obtain required support and foster an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Keep management informed on any production issues that may impact the production schedules.
- Communicate directly with Supervision/ Management and team members.
- Perform shift handoff with oncoming and off-going leads ensuring a smooth transition between shifts.
- Coordinate and make appropriate decisions to maximize efficiency with team members workload, based on daily production priorities.
- A-Shift: Monday - Friday 6:00am-2:00pm
- Lift, push, and or pull up to 50lbs
- Stand for an 8-hour shift
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Associates degree, Vocational Technical Training or higher
- Able to follow safe work practices
- Familiarity with EH&S, ISO, cGMP, and other regulatory procedures in a manufacturing environment
- Certified Lean/Six Sigma experience (e.g. belt certifications, root cause analysis training, and kaizen experience) and knowledge of lockout tag out and electrical safety
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Interpersonal and teamwork involvement, Detail Oriented, People Oriented, and results-driven
- Able to drive continuous improvement with a focus on reducing downtime, developing effective capacity modeling to address future constraints, and improving overall Team efficiencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, Proven problem-solving ability with Good decision-making capabilities
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.