Voir tous les résultats
Associate Production Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
As an Associate Production Scientist in Sheboygan, WI, you will manufacture or evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Perform operations to meet quality expectations
- Ensure quality throughout the process
- Assure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments
- Perform routine assays, processes and/or unit operations
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal)
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures
- Interact with other departments as needed
- Participate as needed in quality audits
- Improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles while in compliance with change control procedures
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist
- Resolve any unsafe conditions
- Train personnel
- Act as a technical consultant as needed
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge
- May wear appropriate protective gear, such as respirators and chemical protective clothing, for long periods of time while performing daily tasks
- May involve occasional lifting and pushing of up to 50 pounds
- May work near moving mechanical parts
This is a rotating night shift with hours of 6:00pm to 6:30am.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology or related life science discipline
- OR High School Diploma or GED with 4+ years’ experience working in chemical production or a lab setting
- Knowledge in chemistry or biochemistry, math and general science
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment
- Independent chemistry lab research desired
- Process techniques and unit operations
- Analytical techniques and equipment
- Safe chemical handling methods
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.