Voir tous les résultats
Procurement Sourcing Manager - Deposition
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of "fully vaccinated" assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
EMD Electronics is seeking an experienced Sourcing Manager who can consistently manage the dynamic raw material supply activities to support our Specialty Gases and Thin Films business units.
Your Role: The Sourcing Manager, Thin Films (Primary Focus) and Specialty Gases is responsible for developing, negotiating, and maintaining competitively advantageous supply arrangements as the functional expert with a key focus on cost savings and security of supply. You are responsible for identifying new sources of supply from non-traditional suppliers for supply to the given Category globally, across multiple businesses. In this position, you are expected to:
- Develop in-depth commercial and technical knowledge of the materials and categories supported. This includes a detailed understanding of the associated supply, process, and value chains
- Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers on a global basis to maximize leverage and minimize risk.
- Challenge the status quo to create unique and lower “total cost of supply” sourcing options and processes.
- Bring innovative supplier solutions (i.e. electronic commerce, utilization of by-product streams, etc.) to maximize value and minimize the total cost of supply.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with suppliers
- Address the sourcing and cost complexity created by market and energy conditions causing severe raw material price fluctuations
- Guide and influence regional & global supply strategies within strong multi-functional (marketing, manufacturing, technology, and supply chain) business teams, while coordinating with development and execution of global supply strategies
- Challenge technical specifications and business inputs when purchasing capability is severely confined
- Develop and manage key supplier relationships with both EMD and supplier organizations within the chemical industry to ensure alignment with business strategies
- Identify new source opportunities to support R&D efforts to support the business platforms
- Manage supplier performance and maintain interface within supplier’s organization.
- Supply Contracts Size Range: Up to $30MM
Prefer the position is located in Sheboygan, WI, Carlsbad, CA, or Tempe, AZ.
Who you Are: You have a strong teamwork spirit, inter-personal communication, and influencing without direct authority skills. You are self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and take initiative. You have strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail. You are skilled in negotiations and able to diffuse conflict.
- Bachelors with 8+ years’ experience or MS with 3+ years’ experience
- 5+ years of sales, purchasing and/or commercially oriented business experience dealing with complex negotiations
- Hands-on experience in commercial negotiations, business planning, strategy development and execution
- Knowledge of the chemical industry
- Exposure to semiconductor market a plus
- Advanced degree in science/engineering/management
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships; build credibility and trust with internal partners and suppliers.
- Proven track record in previous procurement, sales, or marketing roles
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.