Voir tous les résultats
ALD Process Engineer
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
We are currently seeking a ALD Process Engineer position in the Thin Film Solutions (TFS) Technology team to develop Atomic Layer and Chemical Vapor Deposition (ALD/CVD) processes for use in the semiconductor industry and establish a strong differentiated market position for new precursors used in these processes. In this role, you will troubleshoot a variety of complex problems, interpret noisy data, and perform root cause analysis. You will also help maintain & manage an application lab for safe operation and plan activities as per aligned priorities with limited supervision. This position interacts with stakeholders on complex technical topics, present technical reports, and understands customer’s true needs.
- Hands on experimentation on ALD/CVD depositions using novel precursors & co-reactants; and operation, troubleshooting, & maintenance of ALD equipment
- Design, collect and analyze data and compile technical reports for internal and external reviews. Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Connect process conditions, physical characterization, and chemistry towards understanding of mechanisms
- Learn and adopt new concepts and capable of handling the ambiguity and the inherent uncertainties that come with advanced material research and development
- Engage with customers to resolve variety of difficult application / process development challenges/issues in a timely fashion with minimum supervision
- Work with the team as needed to maintain application lab equipment in operation with minimum downtime, within safety guidelines
- Responsible for lab safety, conducting hazard analysis, support of safety audits & documentation
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Support marketing with technology assessments and customer and industry trends. Feed back to the technology team the future trends/requirements at the customers
Who you are:
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or a related science or engineering discipline.
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or a related science or engineering discipline
- 3+ years of process development work experience
- 3+ years of experience in semiconductor process development, thin film deposition, surface science, reaction engineering, or plasma physics
- Ability to solve complex analytical problems and provide robust solutions based on solid technical background
- Demonstrate attention to detail and drive technical projects to meet customer needs.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with high commitment to work quality in a fast-paced environment. Good Project Management skills
- Proficiency in quality process development techniques such as, DoE, SPC, and statistical analysis
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs and deadlines with limited supervision
- Experience with precursor selection or design for ALD or ALE processing; experience with oxide, nitride, and metal ALD deposition; working with vacuum equipment
- Working knowledge of common thin-film characterization techniques including: XRR, XRD, XRF, Ellipsometry, Auger, SIMS, RBS, XPS
- Experience working with customers and good customer-oriented attitude required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Familiarity and willingness to work in cleanroom laboratory
- Global cultural awareness, enthusiastic and with high bias for action
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.