Voir tous les résultats
Chemical Operator I
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
As a Chemical Operator I with EMD Electronics, you will be part of a motivated team producing innovative effect pigments for automotive coatings, cosmetics, plastics, printing, as well as food and pharmaceuticals. You will be responsible for performing the daily production duties within your production area in a team environment. You will contribute to Continuous Improvement at the site by submitting your ideas for improvement, sharing best practices, and participating in 5S and Lean & Six Sigma projects. You will be responsible for contributing to the site and department key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Manufacturing of products to ensure quality and favorable yield by following the standard operating procedures
- Maintaining high standards for housekeeping, safety and environmental compliance
- Process chemicals by following standard operating procedures on equipment such as reactors, filters, kilns, centrifuges, pumps, etc
- Assure safe and environmentally compliant operation of the production processes
- Package and transfer chemicals safely
- Monitor and maintain equipment, including adjusting controls, cleaning, and startup/shutdown
- Conduct laboratory tests and record results like pH, temperature, particle analysis, etc
- Provide on-the-job training to other Operator I classifications as requested
- Work to be performed in 12 – 14 hours shifts on a rotating shift schedule
- Performing work in extreme climates (high / low temperatures and humidity)
- Climbing stairs, ladders and walk long distances throughout the workday
- Moving and handling objects, up to 50 lbs, with appropriate equipment
- Use of full PPE including half and full respirators, safety glasses, shoes uniform (all provided)
Who You Are:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of Chemical Operations experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Willingness to learn
- Strong work ethic
- Proficient in the use of typical computer hardware and software
- A solid understanding and application of basic math skills
- Statistical analysis skills
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Exposure to Lean & Six Sigma and ISO certification
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.