Voir tous les résultats
Head of Life Science Government Affairs & Policy, Europe
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Our Life Science Business is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic with products and solutions which empower scientists to detect and characterize viruses and to develop vaccines and therapies. As a global life science tools and equipment supplier, we are supporting many of our customers working on COVID-19 projects through our products and services, providing for more than 35 testing solutions across RT-PCR, antigen and antibody diagnostics for both high-throughput centralized and distributed point-of-care settings; more than 80 different vaccine programs, consisting of several platforms that include DNA, Inactivated, Live Attenuated Virus, Viral Vector, Protein Subunit and mRNA; and more than 50 monoclonal antibodies, plasma-derived products and antiviral treatments. This new leadership position will be critical to our success in the region.
Who You Are: Working closely with our Life Science regional business and functional leaders and reporting to the Global Government & Public Affairs leader -- you will develop and lead strategies aimed at business growth and risk management through advocacy, shaping EU and member state policy, supporting government partnerships, thought leadership, and selected regional and adjacent country interactions. You will lead stakeholder engagement within the EU and European region including the European Commission (e.g. DG Env, DG Grow, DG Research & Innovation, DG Health and DG Trade,) and other institutions of the European Union, and national authorities.
· 15 or more years of experience in Government & Public Affairs, advancing public policy and transaction support and achieving tangible, positive results;
· Ability to build bridges between business scientific and technical teams and relevant authorities to develop a politically actionable policy agenda;
· Network of contacts within the European life sciences policy and regulatory community;
· Understanding of the EU and member state level research funding environment and experience with European and national tenders
· Ability to anticipate and understand regulatory changes that will impact trading of our products in the Western European market
· Expert understanding of European Union and Member State regulatory and legislative processes
· Knowledge of existing regulatory measures in the chemistry and biologics sector;
· Demonstrated ability to evaluate the business impact of potential legislative and regulatory measures and to explain that impact to policy makers and regulators;
· Experience creating and leading advocacy groups around specific issues, including building support from trade associations, life science companies, and other industry players
· Proven ability to rapidly summarize and convey real-time information from the authorities to business policy and regulatory teams;
· Experience in facilitating and guiding direct interaction between regulatory authorities and business regulatory departments
· Proven skill in collaboration across functions as a respected and trusted team member
· Ability to analyze and prioritize among multiple regulatory and policy issues;
· Experience working effectively in a matrixed organization
· Preferred experience in a related science and technology/bio-manufacturing company
· Government service or relevant trade association leadership experience
· Professional German proficiency
EDUCATION & LANGUAGES
• University degree in politics, business, law, economics or relevant regional studies
• Fluent English and proficiency in one other EU Language
Located in the Brussels metropolitan area. Position requires international travel of approximately 10% of the time.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.