Voir tous les résultats
Manufacturing Operator II - Night Shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
$4,000 sign-on bonus if hired for this position or another night shift Operator position!
The Manufacturing Operator II at MilliporeSigma will produce and purify chemical compounds to meet the requirements of MilliporeSigma customers. On a daily basis, the Operator will:
- Stage materials and equipment using pallet mules or PITs
- Verify the quality and integrity of materials and equipment
- Perform in-process analytical testing including work-ups and simple interpretations as described in the MPR
- Update batch records, computer systems and SAP as required
- Identify and resolve unsafe conditions including equipment operation malfunctions
- Participate in incident investigations and safety meetings
- Wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment "PPE" to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles
- Work in occasional wet, humid abnormally hot or cold environment
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time
- Utilize hearing, tasting and smelling to identify potential workplace hazards
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and
- Push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment; may lift more poundage with assistance
- Utilize vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Use phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/manufacturing equipment
- Work near moving mechanical parts
- Operate forklift or hand pallet truck
- Operate hand tools, lab equipment, calculator and weighing and measuring devices
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Associate's Degree in Chemistry or other science-related Associate's Degree
- Strong mechanical aptitude and mathematical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Read and understand written protocols
- Understand chemical reactions and hazards
- Understand ISO and quality systems
Hours: 12 hour rotating night shift, 6:00 PM - 6:30 AM - 2/2/3 schedule (2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off)
$20.25/hr + 10% shift premium + $4,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.