Voir tous les résultats
EHS Environmental Specialist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
At MilliporeSigma, the EHS Environmental Specialist will act as the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) representative of our facility in Cleveland, Ohio. The EHS Environmental Specialist provides Industrial (Occupational) Hygiene, Safety, & Environmental assistance to site management in the prevention of occupational injuries and illnesses and emissions to the environment.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Conduct EHS and safety-related training to ensure site personnel are competent in performing job safely in compliance with regulations.
- Prepare EHS compliance related reports and ensure correspondence, both internally and with regulatory bodies.
- Follow all policies and procedures, including proper waste characterization/disposal, LO/TO, CSE, regulatory inspections, etc.
- May wear appropriate protective gear, (respirator, hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment (PPE) to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors, or airborne particles.
- May sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl for long periods of time.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related science discipline.
- 1+ year of work experience or post-secondary education in environmental engineering or science.
- 4+ years EHS experience in the chemical, pharmaceutical, or related industry.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of previous EHS related work experience in the chemical, specialty chemical, or pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of environmental compliance and safety standards, especially pertaining to chemical manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Title V (TV) and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) practices.
- Understanding of leak detection and repair (LDAR), refrigerant tracking, Ohio EPA eBusiness center, and TRI/Tier 2 reporting.
- Experience with the development of management system documentation (ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001.)
RSRMS MilliporeSigma Millipore Sigma
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.