Voir tous les résultats
Segment Strategy Manager: Emerging Modalities
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Based in Rockville, Maryland (or remote), you will have primary responsibility for the emerging modalities customer segment, which includes oligonucleotides and mRNA, gene-editing, and other novel therapeutics within the services business. You will act as the internal advocate for these customers, with responsibility for defining the complete go-to-market strategy for this segment. This will include sub-segmentation of the market and development of a commercial excellence program that includes strategy, tactics, and sales enablement tools, facilitating MilliporeSigma’s position as a leader in testing services for emerging modalities. You will collaborate with sales, field marketing, product management, marketing communications, R&D, and other functions to develop and execute the strategy. You will define and drive marketing campaigns targeted to this segment. With a deep understanding of customer needs and an assessment of complex market & competitive dynamics through voice-of-customer engagement and data analytics-driven insights, you will identify portfolio gaps and make recommendations to scientific and business leadership to increase profitable growth. You will also assist in defining the opportunity for new services/technologies by developing and implementing a process for modeling service adoption. You will report into the head of strategy for the Services business.
Who you are:
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Life Sciences or Business/marketing required
- 3+ years of business strategy, strategic marketing, sales, and/or consulting experience in Life Sciences, Pharma, or Biotech industry
- Strong analytics skills including experience working with and manipulating large amounts of financial/other data in Excel. Strong experience with financial forecasting and modeling adoption of new technologies
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical manufacturing (oligonucleotide therapies preferred); credibility in discussing current and future trends in the industry in front of customers and internal stakeholders; able to contribute content to thought leadership assets
- Ability to think creatively, approach work with an entrepreneurial mindset, and take the initiative despite minimal day-to-day oversight; ownership mindset to solve problems and drive the business
- Ability to work with and engage across management team and various functions within the organization. Ability to lead through influence.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, energetic environment. Willing to constructively contribute to and debate key issues affecting the organization across multiple areas
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to internal and external audiences, including to the leadership team, to foster collaboration, drive alignment, and achieve results
- Travel (including international travel) up to 35% of time will be required
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.