Voir tous les résultats
Manufacturing Technician III
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At Millipore Sigma, the Manufacturing Technician 3 is a processor that operates consistently with approved manufacturing procedures and documents. The technician is responsible for safely executing manufacturing processes and ensuring the accuracy of documentation within the local quality system. The technician works closely with the department scientist and supervision to ensure daily department operating goals are developed and achieved.
- Stage and move materials and equipment
- Verify quality and integrity of material and equipment used
- Identify unsafe conditions and corrects them. Complete Safety Observation/Near Miss report with suggestions to improve/prevent condition
- Participate in incident investigations, group meetings, and safety meetings
- Achieve defined personal development goals
- Perform in-process analytical testing, including workups and simple interpretations
- Identify malfunctions in equipment operation, and with appropriate approval takes corrective action
- Work near moving mechanical parts
- Read, understand, and follow written protocols
- Perform additional tasks as defined by management
- Travel between local sites
- Wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes, respirator) and other personal protection equipment "PPE"
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, or crouch for long periods of time
- Lift and/or move up to 80 pounds
- Operate pallet and drum moving equipment, hand tools, laboratory equipment, weighing and measuring devices
Who you are:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years of college level Chemistry, Biology, or related life science discipline
- Experience working in a chemistry-related environment, including use of tablet press, roller compactor, milling and grinding equipment, encapsulation equipment, analytical equipment, and blending equipment.
- Knowledge of ISO and quality systems
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology (i.e.., PDSA, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Six Sigma)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic mathematical skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to work independently
- Proficient in safe processing techniques and pertinent OSHA, EPA, FDA regulations
- Working knowledge of general chemistry, mathematics, and standard computer applications including Office Suite, Google office applications, and SAP
- Basic understanding of chemical hazards.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.