Voir tous les résultats
Associate Scientist: Upstream Bioprocessing R&D
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma, the Associate Scientist: Upstream Bioprocessing R&D will be responsible for hands-on technical support of the development and optimization of products and strategies for biopharmaceutical applications. Primary job functions include performing routine mammalian cell culture techniques, designing experiments, analyzing data, presentation of results to the internal project teams all in support of cell line development and engineering projects. The successful candidate will be part of an active, multidisciplinary group of scientists responsible for the design and development of cell line development related products for the Biopharmaceutical Industry.
You may have direct interaction with customers as well as support Sales and Marketing by providing performance/application summaries/data suitable for marketing cell line development and engineering products. You will be responsible for experimental design, will interpret data and determine next steps alongside the project team/lead. You will be required to read scientific literature in primary focus areas and maintain a laboratory notebook with detailed experimental designs and results. There may be occasion to attend and participate in scientific conferences as well.
Additional duties will include contribution to support functions of the lab (cleaning, equipment maintenance, reagent prep, etc). You will also be working with mammalian cell/tissue culture techniques including thawing, sub-culturing and freezing.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Chemical, Biochemical Engineering or related Scientific Discipline and 1+ month of lab experience in corporate or academic setting or an Associate’s degree in Biology or related Scientific Discipline and 1+ years of laboratory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science related field with a good understanding of biochemistry, molecular biology and genetic engineering technologies
- Proficient in the use of aseptic techniques
- Experience in Mammalian cell/tissue culture techniques including thawing, sub-culturing, freezing, transfection and single cell cloning
- Standard molecular biology skills such as DNA purification, molecular cloning, genomic and plasmid DNA purification, RNA isolation, PCR and RT-PCR
- Familiar with design of experiments and statistical analysis
- Competent with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.