Voir tous les résultats
Head of External Innovation APAC
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
In line with global R&D strategic needs the Head of External Innovation APAC will provide Access to key external Innovation in China and the whole Asia Pacific Region enabling critical advancement of comany pipeline. He/she drive new opportunities for collaboration with early stage biotechnology companies as well as academic and clinical research centers of excellence based in China and the APAC region. The role will also encompass scouting and evaluation of external opportunities for assets in discovery and early clinical development (prior to clinical proof of concept), new drug targets, biomarkers, and discovery technologies, and open innovation. This includes to build a strong network with key opinion leaders, centers of excellence, and biotech companies in scientific and clinical research in APAC with an emphasis on China. Develop concepts and opportunities for new partnerships with a purpose that is tightly aligned with R&D and its TIP (Translational Innovation Platform) and EEF (Enabling Expert Functions) strategic priorities. Close alignment with Global Business Development is also an essential part of these activities. Develop thorough understanding of competitive environment within drug target space of both ongoing R&D projects as well as areas of strategic focus of R&D. Oncology and inflammatory diseases are two important disease areas of focus. Scout for new validated drug targets and compounds in our core therapeutic areas in line with TIP goals. Scout for new biomarker end points and/or concepts in support of building strong translational science and medicine capabilities within R&D, and identify new technologies in support of R&D drug discovery in line with TIP needs and strategic goals. Work with External Innovation leadership team and with TIPs to coordinate and prioritize global activities in line with R&D strategic needs. Work closely with Global Business Development to support the design, negotiate, seek approval and finalize new external agreements for innovation concepts and technology in-licensing.
Who you are:
• PhD and/or MD
• Fluent in Chinese. Fluency/strong skills in English
• At least 5 years R&D experience in scientific/clinical research and/or the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
• Broad knowledge of disease biology, drug targets, drug discovery and early development
• Experience in identifying, developing strategies and managing external collaborative partnerships a plus.
• Good understanding of biomarkers and concepts of stratified medicine, translational science and medicine in drug development
• Good understanding of drug discovery technologies within NBE and NCE space.
• Experience and understanding of drug target identification and validation.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong social and networking skills
• Creative thinking with strong ability to “live in the world of possibility”.
• Strong data and information analysis skills
• Position requires both domestic and international travel up to 30% of times
Functional area: Research & Development
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com