Show All Results
Manufacturing Operator 1 (New Facility - Opening Soon!)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Manufacturing Operator 1 (Membrane Facility) is a shift-based position reporting to the Supervisor, Membrane Manufacturing. The Operator 1 is responsible for the operation of all membrane manufacturing equipment in an efficient and competent manner with regard to safety, quality, and documentation. The operator works as a team member in the Membrane 1 facility and is responsible for manufacturing, packaging, and shipment of membrane material.
This position involves international travel to Cork, Ireland during training (approx. 90 days abroad during the first 12 months of the role - one month in Ireland, one month home, one month in Ireland, one month home, etc. until the 3 months of training has been completed). No travel is expected after training is completed.
The Operator 1 is responsible for the following daily tasks:
- Produces Lateral Flow Membranes in a clean manufacturing facility to meet the demands and requirements of MilliporeSigma customers
- Stage materials operating a variety of warehouse equipment
- Operate membrane casting machine and modify machine parameters during casting process
- Test for quality specifications of final product. Document results and observations as defined in department guidelines
- Cut finished membrane rolls to final customer specifications, package material according to procedure
- Carry out all tasks in a safe manner and use all relevant PPE when working with chemicals and solvents
- Training will be on 1st shift: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Mon-Fri until Jan 2025, at which time the shifts permanently change to either 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift
- 1st shift: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM, Mon-Fri
- 2nd shift: 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM, Mon-Fri
- 3rd shift: 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM, Sun-Thu
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Ability to move more than 50 pounds with assistance
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of phones, computers, office equipment, and laboratory equipment
- Mechanical aptitude and dexterity
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or other science discipline
- Prior industrial work experience or chemical handling experience
- Strong mechanical proficiency
- Mathematical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand written protocols
- Understand chemical reactions and hazards
- Understand ISO and quality systems
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html