Show All Results
Manufacturing Operator 2 (New Facility - Opening Soon!)
Work Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
This information is for internals only. Please do not share outside of the organization.
The Manufacturing Operator 2 (Membrane Facility) is a shift-based position reporting to the Supervisor, Membrane Manufacturing. The Operator 2 is responsible for the operation of all membrane manufacturing equipment in an efficient and competent manner with regard to safety, quality, and documentation. The operator works as a team member in the Membrane 1 facility and is responsible for manufacturing, packaging, and shipment of membrane material.
International travel will take place in Cork, Ireland during training (approx. 90 days abroad during the first 12 months of the role - for example; one month in Ireland, one month home, one month in Ireland, one month home, etc. until the 3 months of training has been completed. Travel will NOT be 3 months in a row). No travel is expected after training is completed.
The Membrane Operator is responsible for the following daily tasks:
- Equipment set up, move raw chemical materials, facilitate batch mixing, and run analytical testing
- Operate membrane casting machine and modify machine parameters during the casting process
- Cut finished membrane rolls to final customer specifications, and package material according to procedure
- Assist in the operation and monitoring of general utility equipment
- Test for quality specifications of final product and document results and observations as defined in department guidelines
- Assist in training new employees and participate in cross-training with current employees to develop mastery of membrane production
- Contribute to the development and updating of relevant SOPs
- Training will be on 1st shift: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Mon-Fri until Jan 2025, at which time the shifts permanently change to either 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift
- 1st shift: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM, Mon-Fri
- 2nd shift: 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM, Mon-Fri
- 3rd shift: 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM, Sun-Thu
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Ability to move more than 50 pounds with assistance
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of phones, computers, office equipment, and laboratory equipment
- Mechanical aptitude and dexterity
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED and 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing setting
- Associate degree in a scientific discipline and 1+ year of experience in a manufacturing setting
- Associate degree in a scientific discipline
- 1+ year of experience running laboratory-based tests
- 1+ year of experience in paper making, medical device manufacturing, membrane manufacturing, chemical manufacturing, or other manufacturing field
- 1+ year of forklift experience
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html